post replypost new topic
My Partner Is Using Meth

Posted: November 9, 2014, 8:21 AM
I have recently found out my partner of 7 years is using Meth. I don't know what to do. He is all I have and don't want to lose him, but I don't know how to deal with this addiction. I have spoken to him, bought drug tests, confronted him, begged, cried, and now I'm coming here for some advice. He's on my insurance which offers a program - he has called, but that's it. I needed to get away and went to dinner with friends last night. When I got home, he was gone - that was 8:30pm. I texted him asking where he was. He replied that he was over at a friends house playing video games and "no not smoking that s***" - I never asked that. It's 7:15am, and he is still not home. I don't know what to do?

Posted: November 9, 2014, 9:10 AM
I strongly suggest you look up Al-Anon or Narc-Anon in your telephone book and give them a call.

They are for friends/family of addicts/alcoholics. They will help you.

He needs help and you need help. He is addicted to the drug and you are addicted to the druggie.

I wish you the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: November 9, 2014, 11:27 AM
I know exactly what you are trying to do and what your husband is like, how he reacts to this, how much you want him to stop, how much he tells you he is going to stop but doesnt, how much he is going to stop if he doesnt want to or, how much he really wants to stop but cant.... sadly nothing you do can make this stop, everything to promote that will only anger him cause that is how we think when faced with this. There is hope yet because ive decided to stop 3 days ago after many years, but I want to kick it...

Posted: November 9, 2014, 1:06 PM
Congrats nomore...Im on Day 3 recovery as well...not from Meth...but from alcohol...recovery is horrible..but using is worse.

To the original poster. You can't do a thing...that is the sadness of addiction. The only things you can do is #1 as Papa mentioned get to Alanon if you want help for yourself. But what I would do is remove myself from the situation totally which may be a wake up call for him. Is there somewhere you can go? A friends? Family? And get counseling and Alanon help?
You keep letting him treat you like this and he will continue to do these things and get away with them with you. Its hard and unfair that YOU have to make the changes...but it could be what it takes to give him a hard look at himself and what is happening to his life. Which in turn may make him sick of being sick and want to get better.

Posted: December 22, 2014, 6:26 AM
Helo there, i have long been looking for people to talk to who has the same grievances as me. My boyfriend and i are now dating for five years and we have a beautifull 2year old daughter. Anyway when we started dating he briefly told that he was on it for about 6 to 7 years and got off it, and i never took any note of it it ddint bother me as long as he was clean, then put up house together wen i got pregnant and a few months after i gave birth i found out he was using again it broke me, honestly it felt like he was cheating on me lol. I by now know the symptoms when he is high or when he wants 2 smoke it aggrivates the hell out of me, and i just dont know how to deal with it, and to top it off we live around my family and the also put a lot of pressure on me its really hard. I have kicked him out of the house numerous times, recently i moved out to my moms, so he also left and accused me of cheating and calling me nasty things. We recently got back together he was clean for two weeks, then the this weekend he used again.. The reason i did nothing, was cause i prayed and asked God to give me patients through this ordeal so all im doing now is holding on and praying and our daughter is crazy about her daddy so im also holding on for her sake but i dont how long its gonna take me, i even started thinking what if i start using crystal meth, will it make him stop? I dunno! Please help me anyone.

Posted: December 22, 2014, 10:59 AM
Nar-Anon is a 12 Step program for friends/family of addicts.
Look them up in your local telephone book or find a local meeting here:
http://www.nar-anon.org/

They will help you get your life back together.

For the most part the spouses of alcoholics/addicts are as in need of help as the user is.

The alcoholic/addict is addicted to the substance.
The spouse is addicted to the alcoholic/addict.

Neither one can see their way clear to do what is in their own best interest ......

The 12 Steps of AA/NA will help the alcoholic/addict.
The 12 Steps of Al-Anon/Nar-Anon will help the codependent.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: December 23, 2014, 9:32 AM
Really it is the worst situation, when guy is addicted to drug and wife is addicted to druggie husband. Both life is nothing more than hell soaking in tears, pain and depression............. may god do some miracle....... both are addicted......
post replypost new topic