post replypost new topic
I Kicked My 43 Year Old Crack Addict Son Out

Posted: July 8, 2014, 11:12 PM
Please help me. I am so scared tonight. I kicked my 43 year old crack addict son out tonight. I kicked him out last Thursday also but when he needed gas we let him come back home. Things were not good. He is out on the streets again sleeping in his car, and I am worried. It's hell when he is here and hell when he is not.
His 26 year old wife died last Aug from drug and alcohol use. He had prior relapses but when he married his wife he relapsed because she was doing it. After he death he cleaned it up but six months later with every first without her, he started again. He has been in addiction despite counseling for six months now. He fooled his counselor. If something happens to him on the street, it will be my fault. I don't seem to be handling anything very well. It was a blow when he stole my debit card but did pay us back, but I found he also hocked some of my jewelry and shoe my camera which I bought back from the pawn shop.
What will happen to him, I am scared and mad at myself I couldn't stand it. He started the same thing he did when he was using. Oh Im on my way home. Oh this happened on my way. Opps that happened on my way. He left at 3am this morning to do day labor and didn't get home until 8pm. I realize he had an hour drive but who works that long on a trash truck.
I am out of answers, any help would be appreciated. What kind of mother kicks her own son out.

Posted: July 9, 2014, 9:06 AM
it is awful no matter what their age is. He is an adult and really is putting you at risk if you keep covering and enabling he wont have any chance in my opinion. we struggled for a decade with our son who is currently in prison (aged 31) I wont go through the things that he did. when we kicked him out he stole so massively for his drugs that he is now in prison..i sleep better, he is alive and drug free and it gives him 2 years to kick the drugs, at least its a chance

Posted: October 15, 2014, 5:11 PM
I am really sorry to hear this.
I know that this is a tough one but you can't feel responsible for your son's actions.
Whatever happens or might happen to him is not your fault.
You have the misfortunate to have a son who is an addict.
It is sheer hell to have an addict in the family.
I always feel very sad when I read these posts because I have suffered so much with my addicted so called brother.
I have reached a point now that if I could I would like to never hear his name or see his face ever again in my entire life.
I am doing my best to stay away from him.
I have post traumatic stress disorder and I often have nightmares related to drugs.
The entourage do not deserve to suffer and be robbed of their peace of mindk, money, happiness...
Please if you have to seek therapy.
You did the right thing kicking him out. Please do not feel guilty about it.
All the best to you.

Posted: October 16, 2014, 8:51 AM
You did the right thing. He needs to hit bottom. He needs to feel the pain of all the wrongs he is doing. You have not done anything wrong! Stay strong and leave him to his own devices. Try to stop enabling him or he will never get better.
post replypost new topic