post replypost new topic
I Think My Boyfriend Is On Meth

Posted: June 16, 2014, 4:04 AM
I too have a boyfriend that is on meth. I just recently a few months ago found numerous broken pipes hidden in our garage and he had blamed it on his cousin that he left them in his car. After that I got up in the middle of the night to go downstairs to get something to eat sitting at our table look over and there in his sick was a metb pipe the crystal meth in a little baggy he then too let me mind you this was a couple months after finding the other pipes. I confronted him very angry. He then also used his cousin as an excuse that those things was just left overs of what was with the other things that was found left over and he was just going to throw it out of his car the following morning when he went to work "because he didn't want to give the drugs back to his cousin." That was a far fetched lie I know but being so naive I wanted to believe him and eventually accepted his story because I love him and really want to believe he is not doing this nasty drug. This is now over a month later and now he has become aggressive as ever mood swings. He goes into the bathroom many times a day turns the fan on and then sprays cologne every time when done in the bathroom. Any time confronted though he gets very angry starts calling me names and tells me I'm just a f***** up person for ever saying that. He doesn't really justify in any way of all the reasons he wouldn't do it. He's become so mean and hateful and at times when he starts on me I just don't say anything and give him no reaction. I've read up on all kinds of signs for a meth user and they all seem to match him and his personality. In some ways I feel like I'm going crazy because he does eat and sleep every night but he's so skinny and looks so unhealthy his eyes are sunk in and just looks so unhealthy I've known him for years and know what he used to look like. He looks so worn out. I think his addiction problem has gotten worse in the past couple months. The only thing I haven't seen for myself is actually putting the glass pipe up to his mouth and physically doing it. I know there's nothing I can do to help an addict but I feel like I'm walking out on him and just leaving him while he's sinking and wasting his life away. I don't feel like I know him anymore. Another thing is he can be in the garage for long periods of times. A simple bike he's been trying to repaint for his daughter has now been a month and a half project. It's like when it's almost finished he finds one little bubble or problem with the look of the paint takes paint thinner and restarts the whole thing again. Same with a tv stand he was trying to refurbish I've never seen a piece of wood being sanded so many times over and over. That project started in November and is still not finished because it has some tiny thing wrong with it and the whole thing is remanded again and starts the painting process all over again. Now he has started a new project on another wood table. All these projects he's started all of the mare not finished and have taken months on End. Ami going crazy here like claims I Amir is this a meth users ways and he really thinks I'm that stupid to believe he's not using and this paraphinelia is someone else's. Another thing is he has these zippo lighters that he always carries around he smokes but he never uses those to light his cigarettes he uses a basic bic lighter to light a cigarettes. I feel like a failure walking away from the person I love when he needs someone there for him but I feel like the times when I feel like he's using he is so mean and hateful and every little thing sets him off and the points his finger at me that it's my fault for the reasons he gets mad. I feel like it's time to walk away from the relationship. I've been drained mentally physically and don't know how even passed my last quarter in school with all my classes since I've be so consumed and wrapped up inthis rekationship. I've fallen into a deep depression and it's hard to even do my daily tasks. I feel hopeless

Posted: July 21, 2014, 6:03 AM
It does sound a lot like he is using, the different lighter is a good sign to tell since pipes need a smaller fire then regular lighters for cigarettes. A good way to tell for sure is by checking his pupils, diluted would mean intoxicated but since meth stays in your body for a long period of time it could be from couple days ahead. Many users can manage to sleep/eat normally.
One advise I would give is to NOT CONFRONT HIM WITH ANGER. The more emotional you are the less likely he is going to admit, try starting off with how you worry for him bcuz he looks ill, tell him if he is really using you can get help together. If telling the truth only gets him in trouble im sure he wont say a thing, if he still doesnt admit...then hes not ready to get better and you need to think about your future. If you decide to leave make sure to mention only when he is in stable mood. take care!

Posted: August 28, 2014, 6:41 PM
It does sound like he's hiding something but I guess one last attempt would be to sit him
Down and tell him that this is what you think he is doing and his attitude and appearance has dramatically changed and you can't cope with it anymore and that he needs help. Tell him you will be there for him if and when he wants to help himself but until then you need to walk away. He might get angry or upset but you leaving the relationship will probably give him the kick start he needs to realise how much he needs help
Etc and he knows your still there to help him if he wants it so you don't have to feel like a failure or guilty that you are walking away. None of this is your fault none at all so please don't blame yourself for his stupid mistakes!! The longer you stick around and accept his lies about
It the longer he thinks it's okay and that he's got it under control. When your gone he will realise what he's doing to not only himself but you too x best of luck Hun xx

Posted: August 29, 2014, 12:40 PM
this guy im sorry to be rude, but i just want to be honest, he's a newbie. not many people use zippo lighters for pipes, it burns it, usually bics, and those blue flame mini blow torch looking things are to clean it. you can get him out of this stuff since its early, thank god for you . but its upto you if you want to stick around or not. ether he's recently started, or hes been doing it for a while but only now you have caught on. Next time you find a pipe or baggy, SINCE its not his, you can throw it out. if he gets mad, he will admit it to you, still dont give it back. DO not stand for his immaturity, he will stay stuff like, ohh life isnt worth living, or say stuff to make you basically to feel sorry for him. dont feel sorry for him. obviously be on his side... but dont show sympathy or he will find you weak. and because of the drugs he will use that to his advantage. if you dont want to get stuck with him, i suggest you leave. most girls get over guys quickly. women have a lot more wants then men simply do.
post replypost new topic