post replypost new topic
Enabler Help

Posted: January 4, 2014, 7:04 PM
Been an enabler to my ex boyfriend for 6years now, I wish I could stop but I just don't know how. Hes gone from pills to worse to the point where needles came into the picture and I left him but he's still calling me with his problems and I say no but it kills me at times. He uses manipulation and makes me feel bad so there are times I give in. I don't want to though. I'm trying so hard to let go but apart of me can't, I think it has a lot to do with about 4years ago now I found him dead on my floor he was not breathing and no heart beat he was revived twice and lived but since that day I repeat that horrific image In my head over and over and over again to the point where of I don't hear from him I thibk he's dead. I'm going crazy and really could use some advice from someone who's going through the same thing as me. I've never done drugs in my lifeso I don't kbow the physical part vut I can deff relate to the emotional part. Please help me.

Posted: January 8, 2014, 9:21 AM
I'm sorry you've had no replies until now. The way to stop is to just stop...it's really that simple. I know it sounds glib and flip, but the truth is, we allow it to continue until we are truly done. Have you sought help for yourself at AlAnon or any other support groups for families? That image you carry in your head...it may well become a reality, but that's not for you to stop...what will be is entirely a result of his choices, not yours. Get some help for yourself and take care of your child. His life is NOT in your hands, never was, never will be. You can have better if you reach out and take it.

Peace ~ MomNMore

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image
post replypost new topic