|
PRIVACY
|
RECOMMEND A RESOURCE
|
HOME

Amino Acid Therapy For All Mental Health Issues
Posted: June 23, 2012, 11:01 PM

I would like those of you who have lost a loved one, to know about a FB group called GRASP. You will find good company for your broken heart here, as they have all gone through this too. No Stigma or Judgment, just support, love, understanding and advice for the map-less journey you are now on without your precious one.

The second is for those of you still living the battle yourselves or through a loved one. My son became addicted to his pain pills after a surgery and in time that was followed by heroin. Many think they've tried everything, but what you likely haven't tried is Nutrition. It works. My son, now 23 has gone from giving me days and nights of "when will I get the call from the police that he's dead, rather than in jail or the hospital from an overdose" to absolutely fine - through nutrition.

This link below is the first article I ever read in my search to save his life, where I finally connected the dots.
http://www.selfgrowth.com/​articl..._Problems.html
This particular website is full of articles regarding nutrition to CURE drug addiction and I DO MEAN CURE. I have much research I can share with you beyond this if you want it. Of course you need to stay healthy in order to stay healthy, but it really does work and not just for drug addiction, but also for depression, anxiety and really almost all chronic illness. The medical industry knows nothing about nutrition and the Pharmaceutical Industry certainly doesn't want a healthy world - no money in that.

Just Google "neurotransmitter imbalance" on SelfGrowth.com or in general Google "Intravenous Amino Acid Addiction Therapy" as this is one of the most effective treatments and you will see a host of solutions to so many health issues. Once you understand neurotransmitter function, you will understand why and this could turn into a very short winnable battle for you. Educate yourselves, save you loved ones and share with the world. This drug epidemic must end and this is an excellent way to achieve that.

--------------------
“Beliefs are big on earth. People collect them. Some of these beliefs are helpful but others just keep you running around, following rules that others have laid down. They don’t have a lot of personal meaning. It’s a good idea to sort through your beliefs now and then and throw out the ones that don’t serve you.”

~ The Afterlife of Billy Fingers
Posted: June 23, 2012, 11:40 PM

Amino acids are the building blocks from which the body creates the proteins necessary for life. An amino-acid solution is injected into the blood through an IV. The amino acids then repair damaged proteins in a drug user's brain, basically giving the brain the chemicals that it is craving, but in a healthy way. This therapy has a better than 70% recovery rate for almost all "mental illness" otherwise known as a nutritional deficiency
Drug use and the usually missed meals and unhealthy meals that commonly accompany drug use, depletes neurotransmitters drastically so just eating healthy will not be enough to actually get the brain back on track. Here are a few more sites to research this therapy. You will notice this is appropriate for much more than addiction ...Depression, Anxiety, Schizophrenia, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Autism, Parkinson’s and more … Certainly worth knowing about

http://www.aminocure.net/

http://www.straight.com/article-118...-drug-addiction

Please educate yourselves rather than buying into Big Pharma's profiteering from its baseless lies regarding mental illness. http://www.cchr.org/quick-facts/int...troduction.html Do not sit by, giving up on your loved one when they really need you. As far as I’m concerned, Heroin addiction and tough love’s “let them Hit bottom” mentality is a funeral. Addiction is fixable with getting the brain healthy.

--------------------
“Beliefs are big on earth. People collect them. Some of these beliefs are helpful but others just keep you running around, following rules that others have laid down. They don’t have a lot of personal meaning. It’s a good idea to sort through your beliefs now and then and throw out the ones that don’t serve you.”

Posted: June 24, 2012, 5:46 PM

I hope I'm not overwhelming you all with my posts, but I’m pretty sick of watching our kids die. No one is prepared for how to deal with addiction till it hits them in the head and scrambling around, doing the same old routine that has addiction at an all time high, clearly isn’t working.

If the body is capable of growing broken bones back together, closing deep flesh wound, produce good bacteria to destroy bad bacteria, and literally making and delivering a new baby, wouldn’t you think it can correct about anything if given the right tools? Those tools will ALWAYS be nutrition, water, sleep, sunshine and exercise.

I feel the more info you have on this subject of Amino Acid Therapy – actually on Nutrition; the easier it will be to decide whether it's something you want to give a shot.

If you have no insurance and not enough money, how to make this part of a DIY plan with nutraceutical supplements (pharmaceutical grade vitamins and minerals) and how to talk to your Doctor about it, which you should do - but be warned - because most of them will know little or nothing about this, many, especially Allopathic Doctors will likely tell you it's downright dangerous or quackery. I can assure you, it is not and they are either showing their lack of knowledge in nutrition (almost a given) and unwillingness to obtain it or maybe, in fact they do know and would rather not lose a patient that will actually get better and no longer need them. Of course you will also see scare tactics by the likes of the FDA themselves. They are outright owned by the Pharmaceutical Industry and you should know by now, that group really has no interest in your health – just profiting from your ongoing illness. They will fix you with drugs till you’re dead.

With that said, you should go to a Holistic Practitioner already providing this therapy if your current doctor is not and get references to contact before beginning. You will want to know what tests they run, the solution of Amino Acids planning to be administered, why, what kind of time line to expect and the amino acids source -– nothing soy-based or genetically modified. Educate yourselves so you don’t actually make things worse, as there are plenty of unethical people in the health industry, just like everywhere else - and so you can help all the others you know suffering from this craziness. We all know there are plenty more addicts where there is one, so if you have one ….

Helping end addiction is to help all – even the one’s you may blame for your loved one’s addiction. They are all humans, all someone’s child, someone else got all of them into this nightmare too and if you don’t help them, they will find another to replace your loved one and the cycle continues. You have to have compassion here and help them all. That is what I am trying to do.

Nutraceuticals are only available through a practitioner – A Naturopathic or Holistic Dr., Acupuncturist, Chiropractor, etc… The stuff you can buy from a store shelf often is close to useless and may be downright harmful. They tend to use inferior ingredients, like synthetic vitamins which the body can do nothing with and fillers.

If money is a huge issue, I would order http://www.jutrianrx.com/rx.php rather than Mickey-mousing around with a ton of supplements that will be expensive, if they are to be of any quality. Get the “Blue” Jutrain RX version. My son and I both take this still and it was one of the go-to items I used for my son’s DIY recovery from Heroin addiction. It has all the Amino Acids, enzymes and minerals already in it, plus colloidal silver which kills bacteria, colloidal gold with helps with cellular repair and brain function and food grade hydrogen peroxide to energize cells. Good Stuff but follow the directions as again, too much of a good thing is not better!
To understand the importance of cellular health (and what that means), visit www.dfwx.com/goediscuss.htm - particularly the statement at the bottom of the page. If you do, you will likely never look at health issues the same again. You cannot be healthy if your cells are sick. There is an email address at the end of the page if you have questions for them regarding their products use for addiction recovery through amino acid therapy or anything health related to their product.

Even though there is magnesium and zinc in Jutrain RX, Extra magnesium OIL http://www.integratedhealth.com/hpd...nesium-oil.html and an extra Zinc supplement will help with recovery time. Extra Calcium and Vitamin D , B6 and B12 are good too. The magnesium oil spray is a bit of a pain – three times a day over as much skin area as possible - over taking a tablet, but as a spray, it goes directly into the blood stream rather than being filtered by the liver and giving less benefit. It will help with aches and pain, energy levels, support of cardiac tissues and the cardiovascular system, the processes of detoxification, support of brain, improvement of mood and reduction of tension-related stress.
Lastly you will need a high quality concentrate protein powder (we use Plant Fusion) a Detox fiber powder (we use Garden of Life) an excellent probiotic (we use Green Vibrance), all available at health food stores or online and anything else is for a comfort level – massage therapy, hot baths, acupuncture, infrared sauna sessions, meditation, hypnotherapy and yoga. Many of these you can learn to do yourself with online searches.

When your little patient is through withdrawal, exercise and continued great nutrition are priority. They need to at least get out for an hour long walk every day, and yes, at this point a responsible person must be with them so they don’t lose track of their mission! Food – lots of high quality protein – wild caught fish – Trader Joe’s is a great place for this, Only organic Meat, Raw milk, cheeses and farm fresh eggs if you can find them. http://www.localharvest.org/ Mostly Vegetables and Fruits and you can not imagine how much of these it takes to fill a recovering body!! Smoothies work great cause you can get a lot of nutrition in one glass. Fruit smoothies are pretty easy Green smoothies – not so much. Here is a great link for them: http://www.thegreensmoothiechalleng...moothie-recipes They are amazing. That doesn’t mean a picky eater will love them immediately, but this is stuff they better learn to tolerate if they want to get on with a decent life. In time toleration will turn into love ;o)
Please understand, Amino Acid Therapy is a “booster shot” type Nutrition Infusion Therapy. It should not be taken lightly, because there is such a thing as too much of a good thing and you should have tests run first to see where your neurotransmitter levels are to help determine dosage, along with follow up tests.
Test Kits – this is one, but here are several if you search “Neurotransmitter Testing” http://www.integrativepsychiatry.ne...tter_tests.html

http://bridgingthebarriers.com.au/i...id=65&Itemid=73
http://bridgingthebarriers.com.au/i...id=65&Itemid=73

--------------------

Posted: July 17, 2012, 4:08 AM

Hi All,

I'm hoping my posts are giving some of you thought on how/why intense nutrition therapy is such a sensible means of getting to the other side of this mess of addiction.

I still read so many posts of people giving up on their loved one, thinking they’ve tried it all, but I know not many have tried nutrition. I guess it must seem too good to be true, but I swear it works and what have you got to lose? A lot, huh?

I would venture to say, a huge percentage of those of us that have, have our kids back.

The medical industry has little to no knowledge of nutrition and they have us so brainwashed that addiction isn’t fixable, that different drugs are the answer, a lifetime of meeting is the answer, tough love is the answer ~ that the user just has to want to quite badly enough to do so and on that part, the “experts” are partly right, some addicts do not want to quit, but how many times has your loved one tried and failed? I haven’t met too many sick addicts that just love their life and want it to stay just like it is. I’ve met plenty who have given up on finding something that works.

If you are giving up on your own child, where do you think his or her mind is with the whole process?

The guilt, the pain, feeling like there are no options left, feeling like a complete disappointment and failure. They are too sick to figure out the whys and how’s and you both start to feel your life would be easier without them. You’re wrong. They may as well be newborns all over again. You have to find the missing puzzle piece for them. It is massive nutrition. It’s so easy and such a common sense approach.

Through GRASP, the Facebook site I mentioned on my first post, I think I can speak for those mom’s and dad’s in saying it’s one thing to let go, but quite another when your child has. He/She is gone and all you’re left with is the why’s, the nagging questions and what-ifs. The horrible, empty and raw pain that replaces the fear you live with now. So as I find other ways to post the same message, I will, in hope that one of them makes the light go on for you and you try one last thing.

Withdrawal is a horrible process and many times, in the multiple times of trying to quit, they’ve also become addicted to Suboxone or Methadone and either one is even worse to withdraw from than the Oxy, Roxies, Heroin or whatever they are also addicted to.

The terror that comes with the thought of withdrawal and how sick they will be in trying to quit is unimaginable. Dual addiction withdrawal is nothing short of sheer hell.

If you don’t even understand the basics of how opiate overload affects an addict’s brain, can you possibly understand how to help them? An opiate addict’s brain believes it NEEDS the drug for its very survival, like you or I would NEED to eat if food were placed in front of us after not eating for a week. It’s a pretty tough thing to quit just out of will power. That’s why nutrition works. It’s filling those receptors with the real deal it’s craving – amino acids, vitamins, enzymes and minerals rather than the synthetic version through drugs.

When my son was using – first pills and then heroin, I spent every free minute I had, researching how the brain works and what drugs do, just like I did when he was diagnosed with ADD at age 6, rather than just believing my pediatrician and putting him on drugs. Nutrition was the answer for that too.

Here are a couple more articles I hope will help you save a life. Drug addiction doesn’t have to have a bad ending.

www.heroinhelper.com is a great help for users that really are not ready to quit and believe it or not, it’s manageable, even if it isn't your first pick. As I have said so many times "It's cheaper than a funeral."

http://www.allaboutaddiction.com/ad...eroin-oxycontin is what opiates do to the brain and why they’re so damned hard to quit.

http://onestepbeyondnutrition.com/ Yes, more on nutrition.

As a side note, if Amino Acid IV Therapy is used, as I posted earlier, there will be no hard withdrawal and no cravings. If thoughts of using still are present – which is different than actual cravings , I’d recommend hypnotherapy. This particular link is to a business to give you an idea of how it works, but any hypnotherapist can do this. You can even learn how to do it yourself by Googling “Self Hypnotherapy” – same will be true for other helpful therapies like acupuncture and meditation.
http://www.richardmackenzie.co.uk/h...n-addiction.htm

--------------------

Posted: July 17, 2012, 4:35 AM

One more good article...

http://thesourcenmc.wordpress.com/2...and-drug-detox/

--------------------

Posted: July 25, 2012, 4:07 PM

Just posted a comment on an article at thefix and thought I'd share it. Hope this info is helping someone...

http://www.thefix.com/content/CASA-...HRXrds.facebook

Requiring that all treatment providers be licensed as healthcare organizations will help, but it would help even more if it were required that providers (this should be the case esp. for doctors, but all healthcare professionals) be certified in honest-to-God, organic, whole food nutrition - not the FDA/USDA/Monsanto mask and lies version.

This drug switching crap isn’t much better than the punitive system.

Where is any real cure in it? What does it really do, beyond keeping the Drug Industry with one more avenue of massive profiting and job security, through exploiting those struggling with mental imbalance?

People need to really start thinking about why this madness of mental illness continues to escalate at unprecedented rates and in every conceivable form – not just drug addiction, but depression, autism, epilepsy, schizophrenia and a thousand other “mental Illness” diagnoses. We can’t keep living off toxic and nutritionally void “food”, and then take pills to mask the symptoms and expect any good results.

When did we forget the human body cannot do a damn thing with foreign or synthetic substances, which is what most all packaged, convenience and fast foods and prescription drugs are?

I know many are tied in to 12 step programs, and that is certainly much less harmful than drug switching – but the relapse rate is through the roof and again, it’s not even close to being a cure.

What do you think life would be like if we treated our bodies the way they need to be treated in order to thrive, though high quality nutrition, non-drugged food and water, fresh air, sunshine, enough deep sleep and exercise?

Nobody would be reading an article like this one. Chronic disease would be a rarity.

If you actually are reading an article like this because you or a loved one has a problem with drugs, alcohol or literally any “mental illness” a.k.a. Neurotransmitter Imbalance, look into Amino Acid IV Therapy, which isn’t terribly expensive AND has an astronomical success rate. This treatment is usually not covered by insurance – high quality nutrition, quality nutritional supplements and exercise will get the job done, it just takes much longer. Amino Acid IV Therapy takes 10 days. No money to be made long term from a therapy that actually cures a mental health issue, but hopefully that isn't the goal of most "addiction counselors"…

Here is one of many links regarding IV Therapy. This one http://www.straight.com/article-118...-drug-addiction ~ is from a mom, who is also a naturopathic practitioner and came across this treatment after the OD of her own son in 2007, but the treatment has been around since the 1980’s and has an exceptionally high success rate of 70 t0 85%, three years after initial treatment, followed by healthy eating habits.

--------------------

Posted: July 26, 2012, 8:26 PM

This is a copy/paste from a reply on another post, so if you see it twice, sorry bout that....

Nutrition… I suspect it has more value than most are willing to comprehend.

Western medical doctors know nothing about nutrition. Really - nothing. Just as one simple example, how many of you know that Acid Reflex or heartburn is not from too much acid in the stomach – but not enough? When we don’t have enough acid in our stomach to digest food, the food sits there and ferments. Do you know why the average Doctor puts you on antacid pills? It’s what they learned in medical school. If they don’t know something that simple, does it make you wonder what other decisions about your health, they base from their brainwash education? The answer is lots of them.

They don’t know too much more about the pills they push.

They are completely indoctrinated in medical school to the ways of Big Pharma and then head off to "practice" (think about THAT word) medicine, taking the word of some slick Pharma salesperson with a basic college degree, whose sole job it is to only tell the good about the drug being pushed and that is often completely fabricated through bogus clinical trials. Doctors are given expensive, all inclusive trips disguised as medical conferences and huge speaking fees for promoting drugs they know nothing about, beyond the script they memorize.

The FDA is owned by the Pharmaceutical Industry. The Pharmaceutical Industry pays for their own drug trials and then lies and pays the FDA to get their next billion dollar baby pushed through – if that isn’t a conflict of interest, I don’t know what is and the Media lies through their teeth for anyone that pays them - all in the name of profit.

The Insurance Industry will only let you have what Big Pharma deems “medically necessary” – no natural supplements; nothing they haven’t completely screwed with to the point it’s patentable. This is why a successful protocol like Amino Acid Therapy will not be covered – the biggest drug dealer in the world does not want you to actually get better – it messes with their bottom line.

Standard issue Rehabs are right in line with the rest of the mess. There is NO educational background required, in most States before one can hang a sign and call it a Rehab Clinic. When there is, as usual it will be an Allopathic Medical background which knows little beyond drug switching.

The one attempt I did make to get Detox for my son, I paid $4500.00 for a 14 day Suboxone Detox stay. The place was recommended by his probation officer and run by some long-term-in-recovery guys who had a doctor come in twice a day to hand out pills. On day three those guys decided to take everyone for a beach day, provided no supervision after arrival and my son went off with another opiate addict, got high and the next day, when they both failed their drug tests, they were both kicked out and the place made $9000.00 for pretty much nothing. I’d think pretty much anyone would know a heroin addict cannot be left to make a rational decision 3 days into Detox. I’ve heard similar stories thousands of times.

We are bombarded with drug commercials at every conceivable level – bus stops, billboards, TV, magazines, radio and internet – as the fix for everything and new diseases are thrown out to the public as fast as new drugs are patented and another disease is needed to profit from.

Here is a humorous - although true - spoof site on Psychotropic Drugs
http://www.bonkersinstitute.org/

Our entire society is heavily drugged through our food and water supplies, our air, the sunscreens, lotions, shampoos and soaps sold under the guise of killing bacteria or adding some benefit of maybe Aloe Vera or a Vitamin – which in reality is such a minuet amount or also synthetic, it is a joke to even mention it, petroleum-based makeup and plastics our food is packaged in, genetically engineered crops and even stuff like the known carcinogenic fire retardants in baby and children’s clothing is absorbed through the skin and directly into the blood stream. In every way, shape and form, we are medicated, like it or not. From conception, our children are riddled with toxins. From the day they are born, babies today receive many more vaccines than were given just 30 years ago. They are put on extremely dangerous drugs like Ritalin, sometimes as young as two years old, only to graduate to something like Seroquel by the time they are preteen. Sheer insanity!
http://www.generationrescue.org/a**...chedule1983.pdf
http://www.generationrescue.org/a**...e20111-6yrs.pdf
That chart only gets you through age 6… there is much more, all the way through age 14.

When the day finally comes where our kids are in a life or death mess, necessitating a site like this one, we’re told to let them hit bottom. Unbelievable - I think through sheer ignorance, we've already done a pretty good job of that.

What in the hell has happened to nourishing our bodies to have a strong immune system? The human body can nicely fix pretty much anything that comes its way if it is given the correct fuel – real food. But, instead we buy into the propaganda that the Medical Industry, the FDA, the USDA, the DEA, the CIA and all the other acronym self-policed agencies we pay for, are looking out for our best interest.

Today’s population is 313 Million and 65% or 200 Million are on at least one long term Prescription Drug. WHY?? Money. Next, in the line of privatized profiteering, of the 2Million plus we have incarcerated in this country; half of them are from drug related charges.

Lastly we have the dismal failure known as THE WAR ON DRUGS – costing us a trillion dollars over the past 40 years since Nixon’s brilliant idea of profiting from prohibition and its continued enforcement, even though, clearly things are getting worse in every way, every day.

Hopefully you can begin to see, this is truly a profiteering monster that the system has intentionally designed and has no intentions of fixing.

The whole thing is a big lie and our kids are wasting away in prisons, subjected to a lifetime of stigma through our ignorance and literally dying for the profit of the drug companies.

Addiction is by design and the only way to correct it is through giving to body what it needs. We are not deficient in Prozac, Seroquel, Cymbalta, Methadone, Ritalin or any of the other thousands of synthetic and toxic chemicals being pushed by these mad scientist who simultaneously try to discredit natural supplements, skew the RDA for nutrition and make up new "diseases" as they tweak their chemicals and need a way to keep the money machine rolling.

Many people simply don’t know who or what to believe anymore, so they take these entities like doctors and the FDA, who are supposed to be in place for our benefit and trust them over common sense.

Real Food for health. It almost sounds too easy. Too good to be true. Especially after all the pain and trauma we go through believing the standard M.O. of "you are broken and you will need us for the rest of your miserable life, day after day and year after year" mantra.

We take better care of any of our material possessions – our money, homes, cars, and everything in-between, than our bodies. We use the right type of bank, credit cards, appliances, electronics, and fuel, oil, coolant and transmission fluid for the car... We would never dream of believing the mechanic who tells us what our broken car needs is a good dose of some toxic chemical known to damage a car engine, but we do it to our bodies every day and all day.

Living in this hurried world, rather than taking time to eat nutritious food, get enough sleep, fresh air and exercise, we settle for McDonald's, a doughnut, some nutrient void processed crap from a box by dinner time and wash it all down with chemical laden sodas, faux “juice” drinks that are 99% sugar, coffee ~ pretty much anything that is quick, easy and cheap and then sit in front of a TV or computer all evening, cause we don’t have enough energy to do another thing. How can we possibly expect any different result than what we have when we don’t give the body and brain what it needs?

If we put anything other than gas, oil and the other required fluids into our car; we know they will stop running. The body is no different; it just takes much longer to get there because the body is much more complex and able to work around these deficiencies for a very long period of time, before it has run out of resources.

And what do we do when that finally happens? Run to a doctor or the local pharmacy for yet another quick fix, for something we've been breaking for years. It doesn't work that way. I'm dead serious when I say nutrition is a cure and the rest is Band-Aids that have been proven over and over to be temporary and when it comes to treating illness with drugs, one is creating more damage than they already have, because that is how drugs are designed to work. They mask symptoms for a while, but meanwhile, because they are synthetic chemicals, they are depleting more of what the body is already deficient in.

Sorry this post ran a bit long, but it’s a very serious issue and it needs to be fixed.

This post has been edited by majk on July 26, 2012, 8:36 PM

--------------------

Posted: July 27, 2012, 2:07 AM

I had to chuckle when I read your post majk..
I do agree amino acids are the building blocks in the body. But for it being the only thing that works and 12 step programs, suboxone etc..are a band aide. Have you ever been to NA or Alanon and worked the 12 steps and traditions with a sponsor?
Try going to NA/AA, treatment centers and tell that to the thousands of people who go, work the steps, take sub/methadone and live life on lifes terms very happy. How many have used the 12 step programs during their lives and died clean? do you have any idea the years of clean time and sobriety there is out there and they didn't get it by amino acid therapy.
That is hogwash to say that is the only thing that works. To each his own. I truely encourage 12 step programs because after half my life of using drugs, I found a program that helps me stay clean without the use of drugs. But I will not ever say it is the only thing that works. Isn't IV amino acid therapy switching one drug for another?
I believe I have an open mind but when a newcomer comes and sees posts where your telling them this is the only thing that works, I beg to differ and will let them know there are other options as well. Some go to church and live clean, while others do whatever works for them.
You sound very passionate about this but you putting down other avenues makes me wonder if you have an invested interest in this?
I am very happy for you and your son and congratulate him on getting off drugs. I believe addiction effects more than one area of the body. Amino acids may repair the physical part but it doesn't change the mental, spiritual bankruptcy addicts have.
Posted: July 27, 2012, 12:13 PM

No, it does not repair the spiritual damage.

Thank you Dawn. I wan't sure how to put into words how I felt about this thread, glad you did it. As usual, you write better than I do.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.
Posted: July 27, 2012, 1:34 PM

Lisa,
I read this thread and didn't post at that time. After posting to the newcomer, I had to write.
I don't think I write better than you. My life isn't hectic right now and I have more time to think.
I feel you write awesome posts with empathy. Most of my posts are blunt and to the point. When I came into NA, no one ever sugar coated recovery for me. It was recover or DIE. I think you know what I'm talking about.
I think our feelings are mutual about alot of issues. There have been so many times when I'd read a post, then scroll down and you've posted my thoughts.
You, Kat, and Sam where around when I got here and helped me so much. OMG all those old timers-I miss them so.
I hope you have a great day.
Posted: July 27, 2012, 4:29 PM

Wow majk - you have a strong opinion and case on several different points. My head's spinning reading your posts.

Interesting read even if I thought it a tad paranoid. No offense, it's just that you make it seems as if the penny I'm holding in my pocket is leeching copper into my blood - ((hey!... doesn't that cure arthritis? -;p) hehe. Sorry. Anyway, you raise some great points about nutrition - interesting and it looks like you have a lot of articles and links that I'll have to take a look at.

I just want to say I always had great nurtition growing up. My mom stayed at home and made delicious home cooked meals every night for dinner. I had a great childhood of being outside in the fresh air...we were allowed t.v. on saturday morning for cartoons and only sometimes at night like if Night Rider was on. My mom and dad had a huge garden, we grew and canned our own veggies. I also ate a lot of game growing up, and fresh chickens as my grandma raised them...but I still ended up a stoner and a pill then heroin addict. Recovering by the way...clean since 12/19/2011.

I'd be willing to bet my nutrition had nothing to do with how I became an addict. I just think your post is a bit over the top but I still enjoyed reading it and will consider trying the amino acids..I've heard that praised for helping the body heal. so why not try a little.

Take care and thanks for the information!
Love,
Melissa

--------------------
"If some great catastrophe is not announced every morning, we feel a certain void. nothing in the paper today , we sigh.”
Paul Valery

“Self-love, is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting.”
William Shakespeare

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw

“If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.”
Jimmy Buffet
Posted: August 4, 2012, 3:50 PM

Hi guys, it’s about time someone chimes in! Sorry it took awhile for me to respond, but I’ve been traveling.

I have been to many 12 step meetings with several different kids who were put there, through their family counselor, addiction treatment or a drug court. My son and I did not consider it as an option for his treatment, because we wanted an actual cure and not to upset those of you who it is working for, but we see it as a form of brainwashing. Sorry, but I’m blunt too.

As I already mentioned, he had tried Suboxone in his multiple attempts to get clean and had become addicted to it along with the Oxy and Heroin, so had to withdraw from a dual addiction which was not fun.

I truly do not see switching one drug for another as any kind of cure. With that being said, I have no problem with one choosing a harm reduction program rather than full-blown sobriety, but call it what it is and don’t do it half way. http://harmreduction.org/about-us/p...harm-reduction/

AA/NA is fine for those who can actually stay with it, but the percentage is extremely low for long term recovering, especially for young people and as you will admit, being in an AA/NA meeting group long term, is not recovery, but a life-long, ongoing process of recovering and fully admitting each and every day that you are not well and never will be. Also, I see addiction switching being a big problem with these programs, like chain smoking or sugar, both of which will kill you faster than the drug addiction would have and certainly will not allow your body and brain to get to a healthy and thriving state.

What I am talking about is truly a cure and no, Amino Acid Therapy in any natural, whole form – through IV, absorption or ingestion - is not drug-switching. It’s simple, high quality nutrition that allows the absorption of nutrients through the blood stream or through natural digestion of the gut and gives your brain receptors the usable and natural chemicals, nutritionally required for humans to function rather than the useless and masking synthetic drug chemicals the body and brain can do nothing with.

I specify “whole form” because “Isolated Form” is a chemically altered and incomplete amino acid and this tampering with Mother Nature is not a usable protein source for the human body. Examples of this would be “Isolated” as opposed to “Complete” Whey Protein Powder or MSG which is in most all packaged foods. The claim from these convenience food processing corporations is that MGS or isolated protein is derived from Glutamate – an amino acid, therefore, it’s a natural and healthy ingredient. Not so. Here is a fairly lengthily but excellent article on MSG and aspartame, both incredibly powerful neurotoxins, under the guise of “natural” and in almost every processed “food” you will ever consume. These ingredients will wreak havoc on your health and no I’m not paranoid. I’m just sick of watching ignorance ruin lives needlessly. http://www.truthinlabeling.org/Aspa...ew.Blaylock.pdf

Here is a documentary worth watching to help you understand the problems of messing with what nature has given us for a healthy mind and body, the involvement of the FDA and Big Pharma in the mess and why they really don’t want you to be healthy. http://youtu.be/VibVIRsHnI0

As a little trivia, any plant in its natural and unaltered form – even cocoa leaves and poppy latex – are not addictive. They are made addictive through chemical processing. Your own body produces opiates as a pain buffer. Chemical alteration by drug companies is by design to get you exactly where you are. Why would you want to throw more money at this greedy industry in any way shape or form when healthy eating will actually give much better results?

Complete and adequate nutrition actually it does change the mental as aspects of addiction quite quickly, and with time, also affects the spiritual aspects, as you come into harmony with nature and how it works with your body and brain.

I certainly have no vested interest financially or otherwise in my posts. I just feel very strongly that on a whole, too many people know very little about nutrition and how important it is for all facets of health, including mental health and I’m on a bit of a mission to help educate anyone that wants it.

If you are fine with where you are in your ongoing recovery or think your loved one will figure this out by hitting bottom, that is your choice, but abstinence is not the same as wellness.

http://evolvingwellness.com/posts/4...-and-nutrition/

--------------------

Posted: August 5, 2012, 4:27 AM

Well, I think I need to give a big fat apology to my “brainwash” comment. Blunt or not, I don’t think that was called for. Getting through addiction is hard work, no matter how it comes about. Everyone does what they can with the information they have and if whatever you are doing gets you or someone you love through addiction, it should be commended, so I deeply regret putting that comment to print and I’m very sorry for any offence I caused, which I am sure was the case.

--------------------

Posted: August 5, 2012, 7:25 PM

Addiction is a disease and there is no known cure. Not at this time anyway.

Medical fact. Incurable disease.

Lots of stuff will make you feel better and help you cope with life on life's terms but it's not in the form of a pill, supplement or other...

It's emotional work. Spiritual work.

You have your opinion and I respect that. I just think it's a bunch of hooey.

--------------------
Posted: August 6, 2012, 2:37 AM

I understand how it must be so difficult to realize you've been lied to through all the heartache and trauma that comes with trying to get a handle on addiction through traditional and low result therapies. It is frankly expected that many just refuse to believe something as simple as the right food along with adequate sleep and exercise could be any kind of answer, after all that you’ve gone through and struggled with and you don't have to take my word for it. There is a mountain of research that you can read and ultimately you will come to the same conclusion or you can stay in denial and stay in the lifetime illness mode. It's certainly your choice. I don't expect this to help everyone, but it will help anyone that uses it.

Another article. This one, written in 1982, goes through the history of addiction and why what I keep posting about is the natural solution.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/j...v11n04-p277.pdf

--------------------

Posted: August 6, 2012, 3:44 AM

Another great research site... http://www.addictionsolutionsource....drug-addictions

This post has been edited by majk on August 6, 2012, 3:55 AM

--------------------

Posted: August 6, 2012, 8:59 AM

Uh, I believe Lisa speaks from experience...she actually has 8 or more years clean.
Posted: August 6, 2012, 11:43 AM

I'm not discounting her sober time as useless, or her success as sheer luck. Just stopping does work for some, sometimes. Usually after multiple attempts. That last part should tell you something about how it works through willpower rather than any kind of actual recovery and there is nothing wrong with that. It’s just that it isn’t enough for so many and our kids are dying because we have our blinders on as to why what we are doing isn’t working, for way too many of them.

I really hope you take the time to read the 1982 Study from beginning to end – it’s only 12 pages and I’m sure that sooner or later, something you read, will make the light go on, so I’m posting it again.
http://orthomolecular.org/library/j...v11n04-p277.pdf

The success rate for "just quitting" with no meetings and no rehab is as high as success rates using conventional standard treatment, in blind studies. This also explains why so many of you continue the battle with your child, sister, husband, etc… You haven’t fixed any underlying problem that is behind the whole thing. The drugs ultimately are not the real problem, so just quitting, isn’t usually enough. Also it’s extremely likely that one’s diet does improve after they stop abusing chemicals - you have more money, better clarity - and that may very well have something to do with the hard-fought but ultimate success some finally achieve.

I rarely used drugs as a kid, even though they were everywhere, even in a little Wisconsin farm town. I thought of them as something unhappy people did and I was happy so they didn’t do much for me. I see now that depression is very commonly behind drug use and chronic depression is absolutely nothing but a neurotransmitter imbalance 98% of the time. Pretty good insight for a 15 year old kid, even though I didn’t know the “why” at the time. I’d never heard of a neurotransmitter, that’s for sure.

BUT, I used at least a couple grams of coke, with my husband, every day for three years, 20 years ago starting in my early 30’s and I simply quit. No meetings, no relapse, no cravings. I was certainly unhappy back then. When I’d really had enough, but was still using despite a huge desire to quit, I did have to get away from him, but six weeks later, I decided to go back home and never used again, even though he still was using – just not around me. With that said, I’m certain if I were to do a line right now, it would be nothing more than that and I would not have a reoccurring problem, but the fact is, the idea of doing a line is completely unappealing to me and my son says the same regarding any thought of using opiates. The craving is gone on every level and the thought is actually repulsive.

Regarding my own ability to just quit, even though I wasn’t conscience of nutrition playing a key, my information was there, just not obvious. Like the post above from Melissa Lynn, I was raised on a farm and everything was made from scratch. It's likely that my old familiar eating habits fell back into place at a pretty high level. Whether I knew it or not at the time, it probably had a lot to do with me not using again. I wish all the time; I would have had a better connection to this way of thinking then, regarding help for my husband because I believe he'd still be alive. His diet consisted of Fritos, salsa, French fries, prime rib steaks, Coke and pepperoni pizza. Vodka and cocaine were his medicine I guess.

I do not consider myself a drug addict. I don’t recall ever putting that label on myself. Frankly, that same train of thought applies to my son. I went out of my way to help him understand that this was a neurotransmitter imbalance, quite fixable with nutrition and he was anything but broken and helpless for the rest of his life. Still, my 20+ years sober from cocaine and my son’s 3 years clean from heroin, (he still has an occasional beer and I have a glass of red wine with dinner every evening) doesn't make me any kind of specialist on ending addiction. Scientific studies do and they exist regarding nutrition. They are just kept relatively quite by the plethora of money making industries out there who do not want their cash cow to dry up.

--------------------

Posted: August 6, 2012, 11:58 AM

I'm ok with the label, recoverying addict. I say quite loudly sometimes. I worked hard to get it and I'm really proud of it.

I have 9 years clean and sober, not because of sheer will power or dumb luck. I have 9 years clean and sober because of NA/AA. Because I did what was suggested by those who had 10 years, 15 years, 30 years...I wanted what they had and figured out a way to do it that didn't involve putting anymore pills in my mouth. I became life long friends with these people. They are my support and my kick in the butt when I need it. They "get" me.

I have no shame, no regret, no doubts about who I am anymore. I'm ok with it, I'm an addict, I have a disease and that's just the way it is. Not going to lie down and die or whine about it.

It takes what it takes and if your way is keeping you clean and sober then more power to you man. It's awesome! But it is not the only way and it is not a cure. There is no cure.

With all of the supplements and food choices you eat..just like me, if you took a pill tomorrow, your addict would raise it's ugly head and you'ld be off and running, just like me. Might take more than one pill or a day for that to happen, but it will my friend, it will.

Any narcotic or alcohol or benzo will start the chemical reaction in your brain that is your addict.

Keep eating your food choice and taking your supplements and don't take a pill or drink and you'll be just fine. I just hope that you and your son took the time to deal with the emotional and spiritual part of this. For me, that's the part that was killing me.

--------------------
Posted: August 7, 2012, 1:43 AM

Great post Lisa.
So if you are cured, you can have narcotics and not abuse them? Or drink and/or drug socially like "normal" people do?
I get how important amino acids are. How/why did you and your son run to drugs to begin with? Your theory is- lack of amino acids make you an addict and amino acid replacement cures you? What about the mental parts- dealing with guilt, anger, resentments, self loathing, fear, etc?

top of page  Top