Can Using Pot Keep U Off Heroin And Methadone?
Posted: February 17, 2017, 7:01 PM

Can Marijuana help get a person off Heroin and methadone?

This post has been edited by Mandm on February 17, 2017, 7:03 PM
Posted: February 18, 2017, 10:55 AM

For me personally I have gotten off of heroin and methadone while smoking pot. I am on day 88 free of methadone and I didn't suffer withdrawals. I smoked marijuana during my detox from heroin to methadone then to nothing. I tapered over two years from 30 ml. and had a smooth transition to nothing. I hope this helps you. I still smoke today. I have zero cravings. It has worked for me :)
Posted: February 19, 2017, 1:36 PM

Hi Overfifty, I think what you've manage to do is brilliant!! Maybe that's the answer to getting away from the hard stuff...who knows eh? What a great job getting yourself this far! Well done! Stay with it! Do you feel good? What you've accomplished is inspirational for people looking for a way out! Stay strong and thank you for the info. Mary💛
Overfifty
Posted: February 19, 2017, 7:41 PM

Hi Mandm, thank you for the kind words. Yes I feel good. No depression or paws from being off of methadone. My transition was effortless. I just feel normal :)
Posted: February 19, 2017, 11:43 PM

Hi Overfifty, Your welcome! You deserve a medal if you ask me. How long were you on the Heroin and then the methadone before you came up with the idea of how you would do this? This to me is amazing! I'm the mother of a Heroin, crack/cocaine addict. I have the utmost respect for you and how you have managed to get yourself off dope. Something so many try to do but can't. You've done great!! Don't ever go back!! What is Paws? Mary 💛

This post has been edited by Mandm on February 19, 2017, 11:44 PM
Posted: February 20, 2017, 11:02 AM

Thank you Mandm. My journey has been long. I used heroin for over ten years. I got on at a methadone clinic and didn't use heroin while on methadone. Things were going great until one day they told us the clinic is closing with no where to go. So I went back on heroin until I could get back on methadone. Methadone saved my life from heroin. Stayed on methadone no cravings for heroin. My doctor retired I got notice again my methadone would be cut off. I just got tired of being scared of being sick. That's what kept me using. Anyways I was addicted to methadone now not heroin. I tapered very slowly and smoked. I also had meds nausea and clonadine prescribed that helped. I didn't suffer depression or paws ( post accuse withdrawl symptoms) which I have in past attempts to quit my methadone. I won't go back to using heroin or methadone today. I have broken the chains that held me captive for so long.
Posted: February 20, 2017, 11:30 AM

Hi Overfifty, Thank you for the info on this. I'm really happy for you that you got off the hard stuff. I'm sure your life must be a lot better now that you are free and able to dance to your own tune. Good for you! You beat the odds!! Be happy and stay strong! ((Hugs)) Mary. 💛

This post has been edited by Mandm on February 20, 2017, 7:09 PM
Posted: February 22, 2017, 4:26 PM

i am smoker too but very irregular one, didnt smoke for years then I picked up again few months ago and I do believe it helps me stay away fro s*** like heroin. It calms me down for sure and sometimes when i get itch to go out and use i smoke joint and thought to use goes away...
Posted: February 22, 2017, 9:34 PM

Thanks! Here's hoping it works for my daughter. Mary💛

This post has been edited by Mandm on March 1, 2017, 9:45 PM
Posted: March 16, 2017, 9:57 PM

Just trading one addiction for another....a drug is a drug is a drug
Overfifty
Posted: March 17, 2017, 10:21 AM

It helps me stay away from heroin. It helped me not suffer methadone withdrawals. It helps my pain. It's not for everyone but this gals life has been improved because of it. Happy st Patrick's day.
Posted: March 24, 2017, 2:10 PM

Some addicts and recovering addicts believe that switching from one drug to another proves that they’re not "addicted" at all and can modify their actions whenever they choose. Addicts may also substitute one drug for another in order to stave off the effects of intentional or unintentional drug withdrawal. While addicts may believe that drug substitution frees them from the burdens of addiction, this substitution does nothing to alter the underlying thoughts and behaviors that lead to and support addiction. It also does nothing to alter the urge to alter the brain’s basic functional chemistry. For these reasons, when an addict switches drugs, he or she merely transfers these underlying problems to a superficially "different" or "new" situation that’s actually business as usual. In fact, since this new situation creates an additional layer of denial or deluded thinking, it can actually be worse than business as usual and ultimately make it more difficult for the addict to truly start the path to recovery. Just quit all addictive substances
  top of page  Top