post replypost new topic
Massive Anxiety And Panic Post Weed

Posted: July 13, 2015, 12:23 AM

I smoked way too much a year ago and went all nuts and paranoid. Puked, didn't trust anyone, couldn't see straight.... Terrible. Then 2 weeks after was in a state of constant panic and after have been dealing with anxiety and paranoid thoughts since.

Now I'm 1 year out still dealing with anxiety and panic. This is the worst. I constantly question reality and am constantly thinking about anxiety despite my attempts to divert my thoughts.

Please help. Idk what to do at this point. I'm getting ready to see a therapist but i feel like I'll never be the same again.
Harry

Posted: August 12, 2015, 1:27 AM
You may have had an anxiety disorder that was bound to arise in your life, regardless of how much weed you have smoked. Maybe the weed even helped a little bit in the long run by granting you some headspace for a while: you simply do not know these things. However, what I do know, is that it gets better. If you can afford a therapist, I would highly encourage seeing one. Weed is often used to cover up some sort of emotion or numbness, and a therapist can really help you through that, and figure out what that is. For other people, anxiety and paranoia is something your brain secretes naturally, and there are safe, and non addictive substances, that can help you overcome these sensations, which a therapist can help you with. But the bottom line is: it gets better. Keep your chin up. You can't control the circumstances in your life right now, you can't control the fact that you used to smoke weed, it seems you can't even discern or control what is real in your life right now and what is terrifying and perhaps unreal, however you can control one thing, and that is how you process all of this information. Maybe you feel terrible that you used to smoke weed: keep your chin up. Maybe everything seems scary to you, try to keep a positive attitude. Hang in there dude.
post replypost new topic