post replypost new topic
I Need To Quit I Am Screwed Up

Posted: May 5, 2015, 2:39 AM
i am 50 years old. i started smoking weed at 15 in 1980 almost daily. in 1985 i went into the military and quit weed for 20 years. when i retired i started smoking again. i have been smoking daily for 10 years and i need to quit. it does help some with ptsd by deadening my alertness and calming me down too much. i am no longer employed because of my own choice. i get a retirement check and debt free surprisingly. i worked for 10 years after the military but quit and i am ok financially. mentally and physically and spiritually i suck. i used to enjoy fishing backpacking, kayaking, camping, hunting, and physical fitness, now all i do is sit around all day in my garage smoking weed and i don't have the drive or motivation or discipline to quit. i want to, i need to but i cant seem to give it up. i quit my job last july and i am smoking way too much. i feel like a hopeless screwed up failure of an individual. how can i quit.

Posted: May 6, 2015, 12:07 PM
Attend an NA meeting. The support of others is worth a try. If anything it will get you out of your garage. 50 years old is way too early to give up right, you have decades to go and places to go and people to meet......Stay strong, you are at step 1.....you know you are powerless over this

Posted: May 7, 2015, 7:58 PM
thanks for the reply and advice
smcd

Posted: May 12, 2015, 11:12 PM

You're at the first step. I know it's hard but you can do it. Reach out for some help. Find a support group. Teen Challenge is an awesome program. See if you have one in your area. They're there to help you. Wishing you the very best. http://teenchallengeusa.com/

post replypost new topic