post replypost new topic
I'm A Foreigner Who Cant Stop Smoking Marijuana.
JC

Posted: February 12, 2015, 11:57 PM
I'm 22 years old. I immigrated to states when I was like 15 years old. English isnt my first language so try to work with me on this lol.. It's only been 3 years from where I first started smoking weed daily. I used to hate smoking weed. My throat hurts, headache(I used to consider being high as a headache.. idk why), rarely vomiting when I'm stoned as hell. However, tolerance..... is scary. I was getting used to all of those and these days, if I have it, I do it non-stop for the whole day. If I don't have any cash and weed, I call my friend up and ask me to smoke me up.. I used to be saying 'I'm not addicted, I can stop this whenever I want'. Maybe I was addicted when I said that.. but these days.. I'm just a true slave to marijuana.
When I don't have any, I just sit here.. and think about getting high.. which is right now..
I dont have any right now, I keep telling to myself, 'lets just stop for 3 days, then this craving will be gone'. The thing is.. I've never reached that 3 days... I can't imagine my life without marijuana. I don't care what others think, I just hate this soberness.. Anyone wanna help me..?
fictional

Posted: February 13, 2015, 2:19 AM
JC,
you probably are not in the mood to hear some of that 12 step jargon but when you started talking about how if you could just stay straight for 3 days you might have a chance. Adddiction is a b**** and sometimes you have to go second to minute to hour to day and believe me that is quite an accomplishment.
stop projecting and stay in the now because it is easier to handle it that way. We only have today and nobody has a crystal ball to predict the future...especially an addict
JC

Posted: February 13, 2015, 3:56 AM
Yea.. I think I really should stop projecting and stay focus on now.. I think my major problem is projecting the situation of getting stoned....(If that sounds right..)

Posted: February 13, 2015, 2:40 PM

Narcotics Anonymous has helped millions of addicts get clean. stay clean, and mature.
Check out the local meetings in your area here http://www.na.org/ "find a meeting"

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
post replypost new topic