post replypost new topic
Addicted To Weed Or Not!

Posted: March 25, 2014, 5:36 AM
Morning Guys. New to this site this morning but have been worrying about my weed smoking for sometime now and thinking it may be time to take action. A little back ground about me, im now 26 and I have been smoking weed on and off for the last 5-6 years (normally i smoke 6 - 12 months smoking pretty much everyday then quit for the same period but I always start again). I am currently in a period where I have been smoking everyday pretty much for the past 8 months and I am starting to notice changes and the bad effects it's possibly having on my life. I am very concerned and feel possibly that I am choosing weed over a motivated and achiving life, everyday. I have noticed my temper has got worse over the past 6 weeks which worries me. I currently live with 3 'stoners' and they tell me it is nothing to worry about and weed is fine...however im now starting to think they are only advising this because they cannot afford in their own minds to say weed is doing my head in lol.
I still go to work everyday and participate in sport, however my desire to chill out in my room at around 8pm everynight and get stoned out of my head is almost uncontrolable. I have found my wants to see old good friends evapouarte because they do not smoke weed and 'it's boring seeing them' ....although this is something I used to enjoy.
I have not been experieincing any anxiety or paranoia....however I feel my weed smoking may be making me not care about anything or anyone apart from my bag of weed.

I could really use some advice on subject in particular....As I say ive been smoking on and off for years, however this period of smoking everyday started in August last year, just after this, through chance I met a girl in a bar. She seemed so nice, pretty blonde, great body, genuine, trust worthy, kind and funny. I then started dating her, however I found myself canceling quite often because I had an uncontrolable urge to stay at mine and get high with my friends. I dated her for 6 months, in this time I would find myself sitting with her feeling bored and wanting to go home....I broke it off with this (on paper amzing girl of my dreams) this week. However I am caught in two minds....part of me thinks that she was not perfect for me and thats why I didn't fall completly in love with me (this is what my stoner friends agree with) , and the other part thinks I may have a problem and the reason why I couldn't fall completely in love with her and wanted to leave her company was because weed is my only love and she was just getting in the way. I Would love to know any thoughts from you guys as im completly lost....I don't know whether my weed addiction has become somewhat my sole focus and this girl (although i get on with her like a house on fire and she's sooo attractive and loves me to bits) was just in the way of me and getting high...has anyone ecperienced the negative effects of weed in this way, almost as if everything else bar getting stoned is boring? Please please let me know any thoughts you may think are relevant to my situation :-)?????? Thanks for your time guys, hope all of this makes sense x

Posted: March 25, 2014, 5:42 AM
Or could it be that this girl was just boring for me lol??
Concerned

Posted: March 28, 2014, 9:58 PM
Dude,
You are SO addicted and SO in denial....do me a favor and go back and re read your post...if somebody else wrote that post and asked you if he or she sounded like they were addicted to weed...what would YOU say..

thanx for the chuckle...hey you aren't my ex bf by any chance...i said ex
because of course i lost out to weed too
wesley2611

Posted: April 1, 2014, 9:02 AM
^ Yes some days have passed now and I have really started to evaluate things more reasonably now. I am stopping the smoking of weed On thursday this week, I am also looking at moving to a better enviroment to stop temptations. I have also gone as far as to be honest with my ex-girlfriend and explain about my weed smoking. She says she still loves me and she is willing to give me time to get my head straight and off of the weed. I am hoping these changes will enable me to enjoy life to it's full again and recognise the greatest pleasures come from experiences when we are not high all the time. I hope it is not to late with my girl so fingers crossed.

I didn't think weed could have this dramatic effect, that even spending time with a girlfriend was boring.... Can anyone shed anymore light on why everything becomes so boring when people becme addicted to weed???
concerned

Posted: April 6, 2014, 7:16 PM
It is not so much that people are boring...it is more like people places and things are totally eradicated from the picture...like any addiction the substance of choice becomes the center of one's world...everything else is blotted out...you become disconnected...it is just you and that joint .
it is sad in that life is just passing you by...you are in the eye of your own whirling haze of stormy smoke...it is kinda like in the 'Wizard of Oz'...where Dorothy is upon her bed...trapped in the funnel of the tornado....unable to control the perils that lay in wait for her...such as the wicked witch on her broom....
with pot life still goes on...but there is no life with pot...you can just wave to everyone else that are moving on while you are stuck in midst of your addiction...you no longer grow..you just are and there lies the tragedy
post replypost new topic