post replypost new topic
Pathological Grief V Addiction

Posted: July 21, 2012, 1:08 AM
Dear fellow addicts,

Been reading a book on grief lately, and it has on numerous occasions appeared (to me), that addiction may be linked quite strongly to unresolved grief or "abnormal grief". Have not got book with me right now but, from memory, it mentions that if an individual does not go through the nine stages of grief, normal reactions - although distressing and painful - may often be dealt with by turning to illicit substances/avoidance techniques/negative actions etc at crucial stages of the "healthy" and "normal/expected" human reactions to stages of loss.

Will make clearer these insights soon but thought that regular visitors or just one person passing through may take time to read this train of thought, thereby allowing alternative ideas/possibilities/a different angle in which to understand a part of their addiction. I'm sure many others agree that there is nothing worse than repeating the same, internal 'questions and answers' dialogue about one's endless mishaps and tiring, predictable behaviour only to reach, finally, the usual destination: Confusion Central!!

Hidden Light

--------------------

Hidden Light

Posted: December 28, 2014, 7:11 AM
Cryogenics in addiction recovery with subliminal messaging during the sleep state is a very pragmatic approach.
post replypost new topic