post replypost new topic
Addiction Withdrawal
freshstart12

Posted: March 23, 2012, 3:22 PM
I was wondering if someone can help me find some literature on the effects of addiction and withdrawal. I quit smoking cold turkey just before Christmas and went into a depression, ended up leaving my wife and we're now getting separated. i don't want my marriage to end and I'd like to be able to show her that the man that did this wasn't me, it seemed like the drugs took away my ability to feel and express love and the withdrawal just made me want to run away and hide. I need to show her what I went through and see if I can make her understand that I can be the man that she once loved.
Fleur

Posted: March 23, 2012, 3:47 PM

Hi,
I'm sorry you are going through this difficult sitation with your wife. I truly feel for you but don't give up. Perhaps you can talk to her while you prepare a nice meal for her or go out for a walk with her and talk to her.

In the meantime, you can check this book out at the following site:
http://www.publishamerica.net/product23799.html

keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

John

Posted: March 23, 2012, 7:51 PM
Well done on quitting and i'm sorry for your troubles. when you smoke weed for a long period of time the receptors which produce pleasure (dopamine receptors) stop producing dopamine. This is because by smoking you are producing enough without it. The dopamine receptors are like a muscle...if you dont use it it becomes weak. when you stop smoking the receptors do not just kick in as it is not able to function anymore. It may not work for weeks. I became very depressed and suicidal when i first quit. I ended up in a psychiatric unit for a while. All is great now though. I do remember reading somewhere that it can be very dangerous detoxing without medical help because of this reason. Im sorry I have no sources for this info. I am blessed to have a fiancee who stood by me and I love her all the more because of it...im going up to give her a hug now and thank her again...thanks for reminding me how lucky i am...ill pray for a good outcome for you my friend...let us know how you get on.
freshstart12

Posted: March 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks for your support, the addiction is a daily battle but I can deal with that. My wife has been hurt too much over the years and I don't think she's interested in trying to open herself up for any more. I can't blame her as hard as it is to accept, I just have to move forward and try to keep making myself a better person.
dan

Posted: October 1, 2012, 8:58 AM
go to http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Need-Wee...49096041&sr=8-1 for a brilliant book that helped me written by someone who smoked weed for 30 years so he knows what he's talking about as for your ex wife she must have loved you to marry you and stick by you for so long don't give up you have nothing to lose write all your thoughts and feelings in a letter to her and tell her you will change and are willing to do marriage councilling or whatever it takes and beg her for another chance and tell her how much you love her in this letter and why you behaved the way you did it's better to write it in a letter than say it in person as you can write everything down and she can re read it good luck x
post replypost new topic