post replypost new topic
I Wanna Make It More Than 3 Weeks!!!!!

Posted: April 14, 2015, 2:28 AM
I'm 45. Other than occasionally smoking a joint I had never done drugs before. My boyfriend and I did ice together. I smoked it but couldn't get high. Everyone else was. I wanted to feel like they did. So the second time I tried it I shot up. I was hooked. A year later I almost lost my job. We had to quit. A month later he went to jail. He has been locked up over a year. And I have been using the whole time. I try to quit. I make it a month, maybe 6 weeks. Then I slide. No one knows. I do it alone. I live in a small town. No real support groups. How do you quit when your veins are your triggers? I stare touch, get lost looking at my arms. I dream about it. And can't tell anyone. They won't support me. They will turn their backs. It's been 3 weeks now. The thoughts are starting again. I'm trying this, hoping this time can be different. Can anyone help. I keep hearing it gets easier after the first year. I can't get past the first month.
Rachel

Posted: April 16, 2015, 5:05 PM
Yes it gets easier, I promise.. I'm over 6 yrs clean from meth and I couldn't go a day without it. There are 12 step meetings on line too, reach out for help..
fighter

Posted: April 22, 2015, 7:45 PM
Hello Mary Love much support to you and your cause.... I have been battling the same addiction three years now fighting the urge... I was very shy and not wanting to speak to anyone about my addiction but talking about it with someone did kind of help but its more your wanting to change to fight for yourself... I got involved more in physical fitness such as the gym to get my mind off of it... as soon as I would get the urge I would go to the gym and sweat and just tire myself out and it was beneficial for my mind and body as well.... it has not been an easy road a rather much difficult circumstance to me it has been the toughest thing to conquer...i also got more involved with my daughter and family anything to keep my mind busy because the less you think about it the better the urge is haunting I know....I prayed for it....to be less urging to please just help me.
I did loose everything, I got really lost.... darkest moments of my life.. i like to share my story to those that are struggling with this addiction its no joke and its deadly... I can finally say I dont have the urge for it... but I stay away from it as far as possible...dont want it...I say fight Mary Love fight to be yourself again and not have it control you... FIGHT

Posted: April 29, 2015, 12:28 PM
I didn't make it. But I'm going to try again. Today is day 2. I've gotten some good advice and I'm going to take it. Getting a gym membership and my son is going to stay with me some to help me through the first few months. Maybe I'll get through a month straight. Thanks for offering up your advice and encouragement.

Posted: April 29, 2015, 1:36 PM
the most important thing you said "i am going to try again" very few of us get it first time- dont beat yourself up over relapsing - stay in the present - break it down into hours and then days - just worry about today not what may happen tomorrow- do not obsess about being clean "you dont use drugs anymore" tell yourself - then move on and think of something else - reach out for support - keep posting here- use whatever works for you - there is no road map for staying clean - everybody must find what works for them- take all the numbers related to drug use off your phone - stay away from people who are using - YOU CAN DO THIS - sure it's not easy - but it's worth fighting for - YOUR worth fighting for - STAY STRONG - STAY CLEAN - for today - best of luck -
post replypost new topic