post replypost new topic
Meth To Ghb

Posted: January 19, 2015, 12:27 PM
Just wondering, if someone were to hop off of injecting meth, to start taking GHB. Would that be considered a good step to getting clean?

--------------------
If you have no voice, scream. If you have no legs, run. If you have no hope, invent.
Alegria
TurnipTits

Posted: February 2, 2015, 9:06 PM
I can't give you a full answer to this question. Never used meth for a start (have seen others on it). GHB on the other hand, I know plenty about.

At first it doesn't seem like the worst idea in the world. Used in appropriate doses (which will depend on body size & individual metabolism - more on this later), it will guarantee relaxation & sleep.

I know people who can have G in their home & keep their use to occasional over years, decades even. But they also never got hooked on anything. That, however, was not the case for me. I'm looking at this the other way round - did acid, E's, speed, coke, mushrooms - but never got hooked on uppers. Booze was my massive flaw. I switched to G because of it being non-toxic on the liver. 7 months in & it was all going fairly well. I planned a 2 week trip where I only took 11 days supply (this should be yellow alert, shouldn't it? 11 days supply says I basically know how much I use a day). It lasted, ..., 11 days. And there was no WD in the 3 days that followed, or booze, so I concluded that there wasn't a problem.

How that was about to change. In the months that followed, dosing every 4 hours, then every 3, multiple hospital visits because although collapsing to sleep on G is fairly harmless, it doesn't look it to someone on the street when you can't be woken up. Then I HAD to rip out the hospital monitoring equipment & escape back home ASAP, so I could have more. Eventually after waking up face down in the shower, & seeing the plug wasn't in, I realised, this is gonna kill me. I threw it all out. Bad move. Woke up in ICU after falling from large height - no memory. However, after 6 weeks in hospital with severe injuries, I never wanted to touch it again. Drink's another story.

In conclusion, it might work as a stepping stone from something as devilish as meth, but if you (and this is the important bit) or someone you know starts seeing the emergence of a new problem, G is a b**** if your mind can't handle it. Eg - 4g on an empty stomach might be an overdose but 5g on a full stomach might not do very much. If you're passing out all the time & can't sleep without it, don't go as far as I did. Take a safe dose, go to the doctor, and tell the truth. It might then go meth --> G --> Benzos, which I've been able to tolerate at a low dose (15mg/day diazepam with drinking halved). Looking back at that time where every day was a living hell, that's the one thing I wish I'd had the courage to do - tell the medics the truth if your plans start to go wrong & a new disaster is gathering pace. Like I said, there's no certainty it will, but if it does.....
post replypost new topic