post replypost new topic
Codeine Addicted And Scared

Posted: January 24, 2017, 8:56 PM
Hello, I'm a 20 year old from the UK and iv been addicted to codeine phosphate 30mg tablets for 3ish years, it started with the pain from a cyst in my ovary but it was very small, could go weeks without it, then my back problems started and it was agony, I couldn't even dress myself, stand up, nothing.
So I went to my GP(Doctor) and got officially prescribed Codeine, I started at what the doctor told me, but after a while it wasn't enough, it never is though..
I was HOOKED, barely any pain? anxiety had slowed so much and I was so relaxed.
2 became 3, 3 became 4, next thing I know I'm taking over 18 a day and stealing tablets off family members who are also on Codeine and badly need it!

Now Im forced to go through withdrawal without preparing because I ran out and can't get more for a few days, I'm scared to feel depressed and stressed and anxious again.. I always say "I'll get off them its fine, I can do it" but I never do and now I am I feel like as soon as I can get my hands of them I'll be right back where I started
I wanna stop, but I don't wanna be in mental and physical pain again.

Posted: March 12, 2017, 4:31 PM
Hiya I am a bit older and similar experience. Suffered with severe acute pancreatitis, approx 8 years now, and spent 5 month in hospital, on morphine, diamorphine, fentanyl, ketamine etc.. for entire stay.

When I was let home it was with a couple of drain bags and a shed load of pain and LOTS of oxynorm and OxyContin. I was ravaging this stuff like a kid in a sweet shop but had to get back to work, which I did but knew I was too wrecked on these to function so asked doc if I can switch to tramadol.

Same again, gobbled wayyyy too many and went back and asked for what's next down from tramadol, codeine and paracetamol. Same again, like yourself approx 18+ a day of 30mg codeine but with the 18+ x 500mg paracetamol. Was wrecked, had liver check and was not healthy so had to explain to doc that I was being a naughty boy with pills and needed just the codeine pills not paracetamol whilst I sorted out addiction place.

Although I was pissed off being sat in groups with folks struggling with nasty street gear habits, thinking I was different etc... I doubt I'd have gotten this far without it.

Definitely needed help from experience to get anywhere close to off pain killers after way too long depending on 'em, because I was still fully functioning I didn't think it was a big deal but have been in a mongy haze for years now!

Hope you can get ahead. Shout if I can help at all.

Best wishes

Pablo.
post replypost new topic