post replypost new topic
Need Help To Stop!

Posted: November 14, 2016, 4:21 AM
Hi,
Very first post, kind of weird for me. I have a problem with painkillers. It started when I was 18 and had a tooth ache and my dentist gave out hydrocodone like candy. I would just say I would feel little bit of pain and give me bottles month after month or I would wait so they wouldn't get suspicious. It was an Indian health clinic on a reservation and if you don't know, rez is Sovereign land. So I don't know if the pharmacy laws and DEA regulations differ from a another pharmacy because I was given so much pain pills and didnt get stopped for it. Well thats where my addiction started. I noticed the pills made me feel confidence and happy. I would stock them up and if I felt depressed or down or something upset me I would pop a few. ( I'm very sensitive) 8 years later, I've been off and on the pills and I went into other things like weed and alcohol but not consistent but in the last 8 months there's not a week that goes by that I obtain pills but now I have a dealer for that, I've had a few dealers but I like my current one because he sells them for cheap and he likes me. Anyways now my tolerance is high. Hydrocodones are weak but I'll take them. My favorite is oxys, especially the ones with no Tylenol. I also have a 4 year daughter and I'm scaring myself but I'm afraid to stop because I need something to escape from reality but I have too and need to stop. They say it's all in the mind, right? Please give advice and no harsh judgements.
Thank you.

Posted: November 14, 2016, 8:32 AM
"They say it's all in the mind, right? " Who is they ??..

You sound like an addict of my type.
I'm sure you have attempted to quit before with little (lasting) result.

If you can out the drugs down and walk away then do it.

If you can't then get to Narcotics Anonymous like millions of others

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
post replypost new topic