post replypost new topic
Help For Post Withdrawl Symptoms

Posted: September 28, 2016, 2:15 PM
I am 20 days clean from Vicodin. I had been using the drug, which was prescribed to me for pain for about ten years. I was using 7 10/325 per day, on average. I tapered for four months (the last two were NOT PLEASANT) and finally stopped. I have a question that I hope someone can help with. I am having VERY horrible anxiety and depression. I never thought that I would have these problems AFTER the withdrawl, but what I am experiencing now is really bad. Also, I had taken Xanax to sleep for about two years. I went to my psychiatrist and didn't tell him that I was withdrawing, just that I had anxiety and he prescribed me Klonipin. I have been taking that along with many vitamins and just started 5 HTP and L Tyrosine. It just seems like nothing is helping. I'm scared to death that the Klonipin is doing more damage than good, but I have no idea. I can't sleep and so, I reach for it at night. I wake up with horrible anxiety, as well. After reading a long post about people never getting better...I am feeling at the end of my rope. I don't see myself using Vicodin again, but I can't live this way. Does anyone have any information on how long this may last and if i'm doing the right thing by taking B6, B12, Magnesium, 5 HTP, L Tyrosine and even Chinese herbs? I've never dealt with anything like this...I really need advice.

Posted: September 28, 2016, 3:22 PM
What you are feeling is going to pass. Anxiety and depression are normal withdrawal symptoms. Do something to keep your mind and body busy. Start exercising or go for walks. For your mind you could start going to NA/AA meetings or go to therapy. The physical part of detox is the easy part but the mental and emotional part takes work.
It is not a good idea to take xanax or klonopin. The are just as addictive as vicodin and the withdrawal lasts longer.
Good luck!

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: September 28, 2016, 3:25 PM
Thank you for the reply. I'm a little lost right now. I tapered for four months and am past three weeks of no Vicodin and I still feel SO MUCH ANXIETY and depression. It's debilitating.

This post has been edited by Lucilleball on September 30, 2016, 1:24 PM
post replypost new topic