post replypost new topic
Im New Here Iknow Ther R Helpful Ppl Out Here!

Posted: April 27, 2016, 3:54 PM
Im brand new here and happy to find this board as I also have cataracts that they wont take out yet and it is difficult to see, esp. out of right eye. Left eye only can see "ok"

I am not yet 60yrs old, but soon to be 59. Technically im still in my 50's Im 58 as of this moment. I have been on Oxy AND Xanax for decades. The dosages have varied and Im now on Oxycodone (last doctor tried to switch me to oxycontin, I refused, thank GOD I think) anyway Im prescribed 15mg 3times per day - that is what Im prescribed anyway. I often take an extra one or two extra doses per day, when I need to for the pain, and I need to accomplish something, even pain releif....AND I let the doctor know it. She knows. I see her every 4 weeks, like clockwork for backpain and injections (non-steroidal) and I am NOT a candidate for any surgeries because I have Heart disease - I have a list of surgeries that I DO Need, but cannot get "cleared" for them... as they are pain inducing symptoms, but not life threatening (cancer) conditionsl......ie: the pain pills.

The xanax, I know that is another message board, has been (due to child abuse) a lifelong valium, atarax, xanad, whatever the flavor of the month the drs are prescribing lifelong thing. When I "try" to withdraw off xanax I literally cannot Eat OR Sleep, 14days is my record, and that is ON 2mg. per night. no sleep or food. Lost 60pounds once (still was overweight) sorry off track, this is what the oxys do.

Im hoping someone here will see this and give me a success story as to tapering off of these oxycodones because Every single month I run out of drug, go thru withdrawl a minimum of 5 days, like the flu.....then...depression sets in completely...

The Dr. was prescribing 4 15mg tablets per day, that was the old dr. the new doctor - 3 years now, is giving me only 3 not 4. Along with the oxy, tramadol was also prescribed 100mg 4 times per day. I only took them once a day, not realizing all the damage that that particular drug was doing to me.....sooo.....when I realized certain symptoms I wont waste your time with here...I took those Only to "withdraw" off the oxys (when I ran out of my monthly supply) because they seemed to keep away the creepy crawleys, esp. at night.\

I do not have ONE SINGLE FRIEND IN MY LIFE. Been divorced 2 times UnDrug related..., and due to heart problems not able to work full time, can barely do what I do.\

The messy part of my heart disease/life started in 2002, with simply 5mg of Percocet and 10mg of Valium - once a day. look what year it is now! NOW Im On Oxy all this time, from 5mg percocet, which I absolutely HATED<,,,,all the way up to 45 and higher!

in my days of youth, back in 70's and such I was hooked on One Single Tylenol#3 pill, at the end of the dayl.

I believe I may trade an alcohol problem to what I am goingn thru now.

IMAGINE:

when you wake up in the morning, unable to move your legs without the help of your arms, then swing your legs to the floor, only to pray your knees dont give out when trying to stand up, like a 85yr old.....- when the muscle pains in your upper legs keep you from sleeping at night, after all the dope you have done just to get you to reach REM sleep for 7 minutes so you can wake up. Well, here I am reaching out to strangers for help

To make it even worse, I MUST take Nitroglycerine long acting every night, at night along with the beta blocker for the blood pressure/heart issues, along with the Crestor Statin drug for cholestrol....removing each and every one of these drugs causes a rebound effect, which makes the original need for the meds even worse....higher numbers you know....that is the night routine with a minimum 3mg xanax which most pple just LOVEEE....I HATE IT! but truly believe I will never sleep again without it.....in the morning the routine is Plavix, and NO DO NOT BELIEVE THEM WHEN THEY SAY PLAVIX ONLY WORKS FOR 18 MONTHS.....i took plavix 7 years after my first 2 heart stenting precdures.....Dr. (einsteins) several of them told me to STOP taking...I did as told and found myself under the Knife again 7 months later - no i think it was only 6 months later with the SURGEON Screaming at me WHY DID YOU STOP TAKING YOUR PLAVIX.....OMG PLEASE IF ANYONE TELLS YOU PLAVIX ONLY WORKS TEMPORARILY, THEY SHOULD TELL THEIR MOTHER TO STOP TAKING IT So i take it in the morning with the aspirin plavix cocktail (I have been back on it ever since, if you were wondering and you cant pay me to stop taking this anti-platlet druge) i ALSO take a diuretic. That is before I brush my teeth.

I am also told by my primary care to take 1.5 mg of xanax upon rising! Can you imagine. this i do not do

I believe here at these message boards, talking to people (I usually do not talk this much( I will get real advise, from pple like myself who have been thru all of this.

Im sure I am leaving something out, oh yes, the 50K IU of weekly Vit D, which they say lack of can cause Pain..

Sorry for the ramble, ive said a lot yet I HAVE said absolutely nothing.

I WANT Off Safely and by myself (im afraid to mention my wanting OFF of my drug for fear the New(er) Pain Mngmnt Dr. will simply refuse to write another script. I dont feel like having seizures right now, which is exactly what will happen with the xanax.

Anyone have any suggestion for a SAFE AT HOME WITHDRAW? AFTER THE MAIN WITHDRAW, THERE IS A SECONDARY WITHDRAW IN THE BRAIN, DUE TO THE 3 BRAIN HORMONES EFFECTED BY THIS DRUG....WHICH I AM NOW JUST DISCOVERING, AFTER MY LAST ATTEMPT AT WITHDRAWING

.....UNfortunately I MIUST take certain meds so Its not like I can just forget about them. An alcoholic can "simply" (I know its not simple) stop drinking. Its not like we need the nutrients in alcolhol. FAT PPLE, TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT, ALSO CANNOT JUST FORGET ABOUT EATTING, WE NEED FOOD....I CAN SAY THIS AS I am also one of THEM, my scale in my life TIME almost tipped 300 pounds at one point, I am now a "safe" 200....mostly due to lack of activity, and all the Slowwsss all of these meds Einstein gives you, for all your "conditions"

Again, all of you youngens out there.....if you are under 50 you are young....under 40? you have LOTS OF HOPE.....but by all means, if you are in your 20's- 30's PLEASE.....do it for your family, if not yourself......and at your age, Im pretty sure you have at least ONE PERSON in your life that cares about you, in one way or another. You are not alone like me.

Pray that I right this minute can successfully take my shower, right NOW, without falling. I have started TODAY counting my pills, (oxys) WHICH THIS NEVER WORKS AS I HAVE NO SELF CONTROL ..... as the small amount of oxys i have left must last me more than two weeks. I have no self control when I feel withdraw setting in just 4-5 hours after my last dose, I Must take another. If I see I only have 2 left, I say, what the Heck, I might as well just take them and at least have several hours of relief, both Pain relief and otherwise.....after which (and I KNOW this is going to happen, Im not totally STUPID, AM I?) I end up in bed, sometimes 4 days in a row. I feel sorry for my cat! If my Cat were a Child, i would be at great risk of losing custody. I guess its a good thing I have no children. The one that I do have Ignores me Completely. Hes all grown up with a mentally ill girlfriend, I hope that is not my fault. I didnt become this bad until he was Long Time Gone out of the house, so Im NOT gonna take the blame on this one!!

SO I GUESS I AM ASKING, REACHING OUT TO ANYONE AT ALL, NO AGE LIMIT, I HAVE SEEN ALL THE DECADES.....

Please tell me your stories, or any ideas, or anything you tried and it DID or DID NOT WORK.. anyone,,,,,Everyone.....I would LOVE to hear stories, OR if you are going thru a similar situation, I would love to hear that too!! THank you in advance for reading, and I promise not to be so Mouthy.....Just want to introduce myself!

Posted: April 27, 2016, 7:32 PM
I'm not sure what it is you want to detox from? I detoxed from vicodin, xanax and fioricet at home but it was a dangerous thing to do and I did not have heart problems. I think your best bet is to tell your doctors the truth. Tell them you want off of whatever you want off of. With your health being what it is, it's too dangerous for you to detox alone.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: April 28, 2016, 9:42 AM
I understand your fears of being taken off completely but in my opinion you have WAY too much going on health wise to risk doing this on your own...I would ask around your area and find a good detox place. Its very scary I know but you just have to make this decision to be done. It feels to me like you want or have to have a foot in each door but that thinking most likely will not work.

--------------------

JEN

I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power,love and a sound mind.

Posted: April 29, 2016, 1:13 AM
Wow! That sounds quite crazy. I agree with the others, you need to see the doctor and tell him exactly what you want to detox from. Good luck

Posted: May 5, 2016, 6:46 AM
I agree with the others who have responded. Talk to your doctor. I'm over 50 and I take Beta-Blockers for my blood pressure. Plus they just added a new one that I haven't researched enough yet. But it's called Losartan-HCTZ, which is a blood pressure med with a mild diuretic.

I've had major head trauma due to falling down over and over when I have overdosed. I'm not all there anymore. Part of me died. I, too, have trouble with my knees. I never know when I might just fall down because sometimes they just don't work. I've also been inactive for a long time, which only makes things worse. I'm starting to get active now. I have a puppy who must be played with on a regular basis.

I told my doctor when I wanted to come off pills, and he wasn't even prescribing them. He knew I was getting street drugs at that point. Not to mention the fact that he's the one that found out I had Hepatitis C. I took Harvoni for 8 weeks and now there is no sign of the virus in my blood. The cure actually worked. So, he knows I'm an addict. But when my anxiety gets too much, he WILL prescribe me Valium. Granted, it's a very low dose - 2mgs, which would be like taking a pin head of a Xanax. But, what I'm trying to say is that doctors are not without mercy. I've found that if I'm honest with my doctor, that he does everything he can to help me without giving in to my disease.

I mean, you don't have to go in there and say that you're some kind of dirty addict. Just tell him your concerns about being dependent on these drugs and see what he says. I really think that's the best route to take.

I hope all goes well.

Peace.

--------------------
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Author: Jesus Christ
post replypost new topic