post replypost new topic
22yrs Old And Addicted

Posted: July 22, 2015, 1:18 PM
Hey. My name is Samantha. You guys can call me Sam.
Um. I have never asked for help on this subject before.
I NEED HELP. I am severely addicted to Hydrocodone and tramedol. I don't know what to do. I have tried to stop on my own before , but my body hurt so bad I couldn't stand it. If there is any advise out there... Please I would love to hear it. Im scared to death. Please and thank you.

--------------------
Samantha

Posted: July 22, 2015, 1:39 PM
Hi Sam, welcome - first off you are not alone, many people on this site have been addicted to various pain pills over many years- i myself am a recovering alcoholic and became addicted to meds after surgery - i managed to quit last september, i wont lie, it wasnt easy but i made it and alot of the credit for that belongs with the people on this site- you will get alot of help and support here Sam - you have made the first and most important step, admitting you have a problem and asking for help - have you considered trying to taper(reduce) your pill taking over time or do you want to quit now, cold turkey, both have there advantages and disadvantages - there is no road map for getting clean everyone must find what works best for them - have you considered talking to your local DR about this - he/she may be able to give you something to help you with the withdrawls - make sure he/she understands addiction- suprisingly many DR know very little about addiction - you might also consider going to NA (narcotics anonymous) many find help there or an addiction counsellor. there are many options available, it is a matter of finding out what works best for you, "what works" - keep reaching out and posting here let us know how you are getting on - you aint alone - all the best -

Posted: July 22, 2015, 1:45 PM
Thank you. We do not offer a lot of NA classes around here, I have tried to wing myself off but have always relapsed. I have thought about going to a Dr I'm just scared they will tell me rehab and I don't wanna be away from my familg .

--------------------
Samantha

Posted: July 22, 2015, 2:27 PM
Hi Sam - your DR may suggest rehab - but you dont have to take his advice - if you dont think tapering will work, then cold turkey is the only other option - getting medical advice and help for this is a good idea- if you dont want to do this ok. then you need to be prepared for this - you could do with having a few days off work/college or whatever, the first few days will be tough - get some immodium to help with the stomach problems, if you get restless legs having a bath with epsom salts can help - drink as much water as you can - take vitamins if possible - prepare yourself for the fact that you probably will not get much sleep in the first few nights - everyone is different in how they react - i found accepting the fact that i wouldnt sleep was easier than getting stressed about it - get some DVD's or books - anything to keep your mind occupied - it would be better if you had a family member or trusted friend to be there with you during the worst - you will probably feel like you have a bad dose of the flu, but it will get better- you just have to tough it out , i wish there was an easier way but i dont know of any - i have been through WD's from both alcohol and drugs many times, it is rough but wont kill you - get your mind in the right place before you start - post here for support , it will help - i truly wish you all the best - YOU CAN DO THIS - STAY STRONG -

Posted: July 28, 2015, 12:45 AM
Travelin man gave some excellent info. Many people on this site have fought their addiction . In my opinion, one important characteristic is learning to be honest with yourself. This site has been helpful to me. For I have found that I am not alone, and it is good to be me. People have reached out to me in love.

I think you have taken a big step in the right direction. People have many different beliefs on how it works (recovery) or what is right and wrong. We are not perfect (except maybe me & a couple others (LOL) but we are for real. Every now and then we get a couple jackas**es, who entertain themselves. That problem is rare. Most people here are hear to get and give help. By giving we receive.

You are fortunate in that you are young,You are a lot stronger than you know.

--------------------
No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you

Posted: July 28, 2015, 2:34 PM
Hi Sam , let us know how you are doing - you are not alone - keep reaching out -
post replypost new topic