post replypost new topic
Me And Addiction

Posted: July 13, 2015, 2:29 PM
I wrote this right after I got clean, I was angry.

Hello Addiction

You came to me when I was young and all alone, needing someone, something.
You were full of promises to console me, heal me, to Love me. You promised to fix everything that was wrong with me, what foolishness.
When we first met what good friends you and I were, always there when I was in need, always there for me.
Great times we had, best friends you and I, but you lied.
You promised to heal me but made me sick,
To console me but left me shattered,
Promised me friendship but took them all,
You promised me Love but filled me with hate and rage.
You took and took and took until I had nothing, take that.
You are the Trickster, full of lies, now I know. You are the one who took me to that original place of need, different face, different time, waiting so patiently. Did I pick you or did you lie in wait for me.
You thought you would take me like all of your others, so easily. But before I go I will tell your secret loudly, exposing you I will keep others from your embrace. For years I was your friend, your prisoner, your slave, and yes I’ve even given you others to add to your collection of lost souls.
I wish that I could meet you, to square off and show you what fight this old man still has left in him. As you are now you have the upper hand on ones like me, lost as I was, so easily slipping into your warm embrace, but I’m regaining my strength.
When I again become who I once was I will do to you what you have done to all of us lost ones. I will take you apart piece by piece ignoring your pleas and cries for help. One day if you have a face and walk as we do it will be I who is lying in wait for you, patiently with clenched fists. For you will meet who you have made, rage, hate, torment. I will be not unlike a monster of unimaginable means with a heart as black as yours, I will have become you, but by using my words and all you have taught me to repay your friendship..
I will lie in wait as you do and will see you soon……..
Old Friend.

I found that turning or trying to turn our Addiction into something that we can hate and separating it from our own psyche helped me with my battle. In a way it became another kind of personality that grew together with my own before Addiction took hold of me. So that was my own way of helping me and making addiction something I felt I could control. I know that may sound weird but whatever you can find that works use it.

This post has been edited by Gari on July 13, 2015, 2:55 PM

Posted: July 13, 2015, 8:55 PM
This is awesome! Thank you for sharing :)

Posted: July 14, 2015, 7:40 PM
That was great..but I heard that before somewhere? Did you copy it,or write it yourselve.amen to you

--------------------
just remember we are here to hold your hand..
post replypost new topic