post replypost new topic
Hi All

Posted: March 1, 2015, 1:16 AM
I'm a former member here...years later..still battling the same issue.Made some major life changes...left an abusive relationship...and have succeeded on a taper via a new Dr.I miss everyone.I'll see who is still around...Tim..cowgirl...Russ..Dottie...yep..that long.I will succeed.Used to be Sharon n.

This post has been edited by fullofgrace on March 1, 2015, 1:17 AM

Posted: March 1, 2015, 3:26 AM
Hi Sharon welcome back. Im new here for about a week. It seems like a great place fore support. Keep up the good fight and you will win percistance pays off. Godsspeed James C

Posted: March 1, 2015, 4:42 AM
Hi Sharon hope your doing well, I have been on here for only 3 weeks and I can't tell you how its helped me cope, I have given up the nurofen plus and I'm now on suboxone 8mg ,I feel a bit concerned that i will get used to taking these and struggle stopping , the Dr said that this will be easier to do than the nurofens , this suboxone tablets are horrible to take but i must take them I'm not taking what I'm supposed to 1 tablet in the morning is all I need to get me through the day , I will conquer this and take my life back.

Posted: March 1, 2015, 8:20 AM
Hi Sharon:
Are you attending NA meetings regularly?

Bob

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: March 1, 2015, 8:56 AM
Welcome back, Sharon.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: March 1, 2015, 1:02 PM
I've been on "pain management " for many years....detoxed twice....relationship stress and Lupus issues kept me going back.We all know the deal...I honestly have not abused in years..but tolerance is a biatch....plus...not evading responsibility..but an unscrupulous md with an agenda was rxing me and let it IMO get out of hand.Ultimately it is my responsibility but let me say I hold myself accountable...not necessarily responsible.I have spinal issues and Raynaud's and legitimate pain but I am beyond SICK of being tethered to this...no freedom.Ten years gone...unbelievable...my life.So I am with a wonderful new man who supports me in my efforts and helps in every way...I have a band and have had to stop playing out as this just makes it more tempting to break my taper.I went from 18 to 9 pills...oxycodone 15 mg and it wasn't easy.But God has a plan for me...I am not giving myself a strict timetable...just honesty. No more superwoman..immaculate house at my health's expense.My old house...where my abusive ex isolated me was beautiful...gardens..etc..GONE....I call it the house that oxy built...false energy...just chipped away at me until I almost ended it.Prayer....faith and my life started turning around.I cannot believe how long its been and I never forgot Tims's posts about your brain on opiates.Went to that awful Sub DR. who never properly inducted me...just gave me a bottle of pills and said good luck....it may have worked but I was deathly ill from sub and I just as soon not come off another drug.If I was miserable and using to mentally medicate...but life is wonderful...just the damned monkey on my back....Guys...I WILL do this and come here for support and hopefully help another.God bless you all.BTW...what ever happened to our friend who had the DaVinci robotic surgery? MJ? Gina?

This post has been edited by fullofgrace on March 1, 2015, 1:04 PM

Posted: March 3, 2015, 3:40 AM
Hi Sharon I also have high pain issues Bulging discs and arthritis in my neck and back. Ive gotten trigger point injections but that is only a minor help. So I spent 10 years in the hell of oxy addiction I hurt my wife beyond description. I struggle with guilt to this day. At her demand I went to rehab for one last try a saving a devasted marriage. After getting out I was switched to tramadol and that works barley but its better than dying from a OD on Oxy. Im on disability because of the pain even sitting at a computer for more than 2-3 hours gets unbearable. My "job is to take care of the house somedays I can do it other times no. Thanfully my wife is getting more understanding. I also have regret over 12 wasted years that will never get back. Our relationship is slowly healing but trust is almost as hard as time to get back. You are right some Drs don't seem to realize the damage they do with their RX I had triple by pass surgery and my surgon gave me a 90 day supply of Oxy at around 300mg a day at the time I thought I hit gold. Bt then the monthly trips to the er scared my wife to death. I am oxy free for 600 + days still in a lot of pain but now have better skills to deal with Thanks for letting me ramble Gods speed to you and yours

Posted: March 5, 2015, 4:13 PM
Its crazy to me to hear everyone's stories, I always think of how f'ed up I am and its always reassuring that's I'm not the only one. In the end its seems like we all have the same problem and I'm sure we can beat it!! Being able to lean on each other and talk to each other has helped me a lot. Good luck to us all!!

Posted: March 5, 2015, 8:14 PM
Hi Sharon:

Yes it has been a long time.

Have a good evening

Jeffrey

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: March 6, 2015, 4:43 AM
Hi Sharon!
I'm so happy to hear you have left your abusive relationship:) that must have been hard....ive been there.
Good luck with your tapering....im also doing it, I was taking up to 604mg codeine daily and now taking 180mg daily and so far sticking to it!
We got this we CAN do it we are strong!
Keep up with your amazing hard work:)

Much love
Kate X

Posted: March 7, 2015, 6:29 AM
Hi Kate/Sharon & All,

It is great to see you all trying to recovery, it is the ultimate journey.

Please feel free to contact me for personalised advice and conversation, happy to help.

Cheers,
Cam/Circa.

This post has been edited by moderator on March 7, 2015, 10:51 AM

Posted: March 19, 2015, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone.... Since my last post I'm down to 7 pills...not so bad.Just tired and get depressed.I'm singing and gigging out helps to forget pain and fatigue.Some days are rough....I lost my daughter 3 years ago...so I have bad days.This was one.But I'm done.Ready to change.Advil is my friend.God bless all of you.....

Posted: March 20, 2015, 3:20 PM
I've also been on here for a long time just never made an account. Always been more of a reader. Continue doing what your doing, some days will be bad and others will be good. It's the normal cycle of life but everyday is good if you're continuing with your goal.

--------------------
"Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too."

Posted: March 22, 2015, 3:10 PM
2 neck.surgery 3 withdrawals

Posted: March 22, 2015, 6:18 PM
How many surgeries procedures? the number march 31st will be another one. 3 in 6 months

All i can state from my experience is I am going to have pain daily some days a 1 some a 10 and most in the middle-

If I use opiates? will daily be dead mentally and eventually dead in a box--JMHO--my story not important--My advice??

Go to meetings as its a free drug--eat right exercise pray DO NOT ISOLATE--KEEP IT SIMPLE stay positive and if ur in a bad way u call people --its a disease--but anyone can fight a disease--People give up--BUT THERE ARE MILLIONS OF US ADDICTS WILLING TO HELP--JUST GOOGLE--

I will never give up and thats my 2 cents -

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: May 9, 2015, 10:31 AM
Thank you all for your responses. I've been on six 1/2 for awhile and the depression and fatigue are not settling down.I was in a low dose AD but can only take trycyclics and the side effects were not good.. But I'm considering going back on as the lower I go the worse I'm feeling. I know it is depression and chemical.

This post has been edited by fullofgrace on May 9, 2015, 10:32 AM
post replypost new topic