post replypost new topic
How To Cope With Life

Posted: December 7, 2014, 8:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Here's the problem, people in life deal with its horrors it throws at us by turning to drugs and alcohol. So what to do when we want to come clean...
How do we deal with all these stresses...

Thoughts please, anything will help...

Posted: December 7, 2014, 8:55 PM
Beware your gonna have bad days and good days in recovery, that' life pal. s***ty hu lol. Man all I can share is that this year my little brother drowned in a boating accident and I was crushed. My world fell apart. I began to crumble. I made it through that CLEAN! I don't do the deal on my own. I have a good sponsor with 20+ years of wisdom about the program. She picked me up when all I wanted to do was get out of my pain. Things in life happen, just the way it is, but it's how you react that can make all the difference. I also have a very a big support group with over 20 people that I can call when I'm in trouble, or sad, or angry or lonely. Na is a good starting place. Your just gonna have to change everything and do something different cause your best thinking got you here(a recovery website asking for advice). You have to be willing to learn how to live a new life. Or if you feel like it was traumatic maybe you should some professional help. I didn't know how to have a life without drugs. I had to learn and be willing to change EVERYTHING!

Posted: December 7, 2014, 9:14 PM
Thanks for sharing that Girl Today.
I just need to re-wire my brain at the moment, to deal with these things.. As Papa said the problem is still there once we're sober, and more real then ever..

Have a nice day Girl Today, and thanks again: )

Mike

Posted: December 8, 2014, 5:39 PM
Hi Girl today.

I've read your post here over and over... It's keeping me on the tracks..

Thank you, you inspire me..

Sorry to hear of what you had to thru. Heart wrenching stuff, If you can do that my problems pale in significance.

Thanks again

mTm

This post has been edited by mikethemight on December 8, 2014, 5:40 PM

Posted: December 8, 2014, 7:46 PM
One day at a time my man! Looking back I went through a lot of crap, but the drugs eased the pain. So when I got clean I had relive a lot of it just to get it out of my head. When we share how we feel it takes the power away. Like opening a coke bottle and you here the pssss. All that pressure goes away. Make sense? It helps to do this with other addicts because they can relate and share how they made it through. I still have struggles i'm not perfect, not even close, but I do try to live a good life. Before I got clean I just didn't care, I care now and that makes a difference. You have to want this, really really bad. You have to be willing to go to any lengths to get and stay clean.

Posted: December 9, 2014, 9:27 AM
Hi I've been at the bottom and recently started living again here is how I did it and I know 100s of people that did it the same way first go to the doc ask for 50mg tram idol for withdrawals I had a scrip of 120 he told me to take 6 a day then 5 a day and so forth now for a pill addict let's face it there is no weening off its all or nothing so I was hesitant I went in going through withdrawals so I got home took 2 about 30 min later my runny nose was gone no more cramps cold sweats were gone and I felt better now I know u say how can that b well the tram idol which is non narcotic work on the same reseptors as do the opiates I can't explain it but I am now off of everything you mite say well he prob didn't have a big addiction then WRONG I would take on any given day 400+ mg a day of whatever just try it

Posted: December 9, 2014, 5:19 PM
Thinking of you mikethemight, take no notice of the false advise that has been posted on this thread.......tramadol is highly addictive, but I'm sure u know that.......
Will e mail u soon.
Bec

Posted: December 9, 2014, 5:56 PM
Oh my god Bec, I just posted a similar thing on your topic.. How eerie

Posted: December 12, 2014, 12:49 PM
No s***, Tramadol "worked". I'm sure Oxys and booze would work too. Asphalt, your doctor is an idiot of the highest order. I'd sooner get health advice from Dr. Dre or the Dent Doctor.

This post has been edited by flipperbaby on December 12, 2014, 12:55 PM

--------------------
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

Posted: December 12, 2014, 9:14 PM
It really is amazing how supportive and caring everyone is, myself this is the second time this year I quit however I learned a lot from reading these posts and I learned from my previous mistakes... I'm going on day three this time and I'm gonna stay sober till I'm dead and gone..Lol... If we all stick together and message I believe we can all support each other and make it!!! Sober life till the end!!!!!!! :-)
post replypost new topic