post replypost new topic
Tramadol Hell

Posted: October 8, 2014, 2:45 PM
For too many years I've been addicted to Tramadol. I was able to quit about 5 years ago for almost a year. At the height of my love affair with tramadol, I was taking 500mg, twice a day. There was never a medical reason for taking them; they just made me feel great...for while until they just made me feel normal...

Anyway, for the last 3 to 4 weeks I weened myself down to about 3 50mgs pills a day, then ran out this past Sunday. Monday wasn't so bad until the evening. Yesterday was hell. I have a wife and two grade school boys I can not let know about this. I've told them I must have a virus.

It's Wednesday, and I'm so out of energy and so un-focused, and utterly depressed. Everyone has troubles... you never know what that person is going through that's in line next to you at the gas station. I think I'm in hell right now, but there are so many more people who have it a lot worse.

I've decided to go to my doctor tomorrow (who has no idea about this) and tell him the truth about my situation. God knows what he's going to say.

I keep telling myself to take everything one step at a time.

Anyway, for those who are going through a similar battle, God bless you.... I just keep trying to think about the freedom of the fear of running out of pills every week for the past several years. Isn't that sad? ugh.. .stay strong.

Posted: October 9, 2014, 12:58 AM
Welcome sukyesyl.

I am rooting for you. It is going to take some time for your body to adjust back to normal without Tramadol. I think it is a great idea to tell your doctor. That is the firs step-Honesty. I commend you for reaching out for help. NA is available all over and it is free. There is a syndrome called PAWS. You can google this find a lot of info on it. It helped me to realize what I was going through at each step and ways to help.
Good luck

Posted: November 12, 2014, 10:38 PM
here's why you felt normal; tramadol was mimicking the brain's normal neurotransmitter production, which made you feel 'normal'...you can easily replace that, and get over withdrawals QUICKLY with amino acid supplements and vitamin b6 and mercury sulphate...google "amino acids and relapse prevention" for more info.

good luck! i'm a recovered hardcore heroin addict...10 years on the needle...the amino acids worked for me :)

--------------------
Recovering from Heroin Addiction - my personal blog...just started it, and am open to other people's trials and tribulations with regards to addiction recovery.

Posted: November 12, 2014, 10:41 PM
also, paws is a actually symptoms caused by improper brain nutrition...they were likely a low level reason you started taking drugs...then, because the brain thinks THAT'S what it needs, now they are magnified.

telling a doctor will likely only result in more meds, that treat the symptoms. amino acids, nutrients and exercise will put you in a much better place by eliminating the symptoms AND addressing the root cause of the problem.

good luck!

--------------------
Recovering from Heroin Addiction - my personal blog...just started it, and am open to other people's trials and tribulations with regards to addiction recovery.
post replypost new topic