post replypost new topic
Hope

Posted: October 2, 2014, 8:31 PM
Painkillers.., f***ing pain pills. In 2007 I was in a car accident and I broke my neck. I didn't even like pain pills, but I got hurt and there they were. I've never really been on a website like this but it seems like it could help. After being on and off all kinda pain meds the past seven years I decided to check myself into treatment back in May. I was there for 35 days and it wasn't that bad, I thought it was the answer. I came home and did ok for a couple months, "white knuckled" it as they say for a while. Then after a couple time gettin high I was right back where I started. Addiction is an a******, it makes me so mad, sad,confused and lost. I admit I haven't really done the work or put as much into recovery as I should have. Probably still in some form of denial, it's hard to admit it when something takes over your life in such a way that it makes u hopeless. I just hope that by joining this site i can hear back from survivors with inspiring stories and from fellow brothers or sisters who still struggle with the struggle. We can help each other, I know we can.

Posted: October 3, 2014, 8:19 AM
Hello and welcome home! Have to been to a NA meeting in your area? What are you going to do different this time? What your doing is not working out for you hu? Na teaches us addicts how to live life on life's terms. People always say they are ashamed to go to a meeting for fear someone might see them, but have no problem going to a dealers house to get drugs and could care less if they are seen there. I suggest you get to a meeting, try 90 meetings in 90 days, get a sponsor, get some phone numbers and use them. Life in recovery can be hard at times because life is not always easy but with help from other people who have been there you can move past the hard times to make way for all the good times. Keep coming back and posting. It works if you work it. Your choice.
post replypost new topic