post replypost new topic
Chaser

Posted: June 1, 2014, 10:29 PM
AS I enter into my cocoon of darkness I continue to look towards the light in hopes I see a hand, a smile, a kind word or just a kind gesture for a fellow traveler from this dark place to the bright sunshine of sobriety. This journey of mine has begun once again, I know the way to the end of the forest and have some fears but have more drive to make it this time to the valley of recovery. The opiate have had me in that evil grasp once again to num my mind and blind my eyes to the things I really love and draw me away from the people I love. The devil pills force me into a maddening chase to catch that fake high that never comes. These things I know and will defeat the evil foe called medication for 13 million of us and a favorite drug of the VA to keep us quiet and motionless. I blame no one for my addiction, not the VA, not the other chasers no one but me. So I am the only one that can do battle. Like entering a part of middle Earth where no one come out alive or is changed forever. The change is good on the other side if ya have the courage to do battle with all the inner devils and harpies. Putting this to my friend not to feel sorry for a chaser but to help a chaser climb from behind the darkness of a devil moon. First demon is detox... That is the easiest to defeat, next none is cravings, that's the bad a**. Next is temptation and the whispering gentle voice of the codone calling just one or two will make you feel better, at that point, call someone. This has been a problem for me much of my life and have been off this s*** for years at a time or months or week or ,like now, days.

Posted: June 2, 2014, 10:24 AM
What are you doing to make the change?

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: June 2, 2014, 4:01 PM
Good luck Chaser. How are u doing?
I haven't a tylanol 3 since last night.
On and off this crap and other similar for 5 years.
I stopped last month for a week, felt shaky but strong and then had to take a long flight so popped a few of course as my back is bothersome. At times.
So here i am again, wanting to go cold turkey but being weak thinking maybe tapering off would be better.
I suffer from nasty headaches as a result of a head trauma, so the pills are a convenient excuse.
Not sure if I want to step out into the abyss and go naked cold turkey.
I take a few puffs of pot every night. So yes I like to get high, but I think I have had enough.
Chaser indeed, I am 2. That word drew me to your post.good luck to you and to me I hope..
post replypost new topic