|
PRIVACY
|
RECOMMEND A RESOURCE
|
HOME

Seeking Support, Help, Or Just Someone To Talk To
Posted: May 15, 2014, 3:47 AM

I've been battling pill addiction for 2 years now and I'm at my breaking point. I hate what my life has become and i miss the happy, outgoing, energetic person I used to be. I want nothing more than to overcome this serious problem in my life. I just don't know how. I can't go to a rehab, I can't afford it. Without money or insurance, no program that I'm aware of will help me so if I'm gonna do this, it's gonna be on my own. I know I can do it..I'm strong minded and sooo desperate to get better. I just need some support, advice and someone to talk to me and help give me that extra push. I'm only 22 and i cant imagine living life like this any longer. What do I do? Please help me!
Posted: May 15, 2014, 4:04 AM

And since August 2013 I've been completely isolating myself from the world. I'm home all the time. This addiction has turned to depression..and i didn't even realize it. I've never in a million years could think that a person like me could be depressed. But I've finally accepted the fact that that's what it has come to. I hate my life right now. I've never been so unhappy. I need a change and fast. I pray to God everyday to give me strength to overcome this but I still manage to wake up everyday and follow the same daily routine. I just don't know what to do.
Posted: May 15, 2014, 8:52 AM

NA and AA are completely free and the best programs in the world in my opinion. Find a meeting in your area. You'll get all the support you need.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

user posted image
Posted: May 15, 2014, 4:17 PM

I have made every excuse in the book to not do this or that. NA and AA are free. You are going to have to want to get clean more then you want to be high. Do you live in the states? There are a lot of states that have the Salvation Army and other state funded programs for addicts. Make a change, you are to young to die. One 3 things will happen to you if you continue to use. Death,Jail,or The Mental Hospital. If nothing changes nothing changes.
Posted: May 15, 2014, 8:22 PM

I agree, meetings definitely help with the mental addiction and helping to stay strong and sober. It's the getting sober part that I'm struggling with. Once I quit and go thru the detox then meetings will definitely be something I'd like to attend. I'm just having a hard time getting thru the detox part first. I can't afford to go to a rehab to detox. And most rehabs that I know of won't take you in until you've already been thru detox anyways.
Posted: May 15, 2014, 8:31 PM

I definitely do want to get clean more than I want to get high. I don't do them to get high anyways.. I do them because I have alot of physical pain. And since I've been doing them so long for my pain my body is just used to having them and I rely on them everyday to keep from withdrawing and being in such pain. And like I said I don't have insurance to go to the doctor to get my back problems and jaw problem taken care of so I just keep using percocets to help me get thru it. Otherwise I'm miserable and in excruciating pain.
Posted: May 16, 2014, 1:03 PM

Talk to your doctor for a plan. Tell him/her you are addicted to opiates and want to get off. Myself, I quit cold turkey. It wasn't easy but I wanted off all addictive drugs. I'm not telling you to quit without a doctor's help, just saying it can be done. Then I went to a lot of meetings, got a sponsor, worked the steps, changed my life completely. You have to decide what's right for you.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

user posted image
Posted: May 16, 2014, 1:23 PM

I can certainly empathize what your dealing with. All I can tell you is I have the same pain with or without the opiates. After jerking myself off for 35+yrs of eating them I have been off ALL pills for 6+ months. I just live one day at a time. Deal with my pain-food exercise and I pray daily. I work my program--have a lot of support-

Jeff

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time
Posted: May 18, 2014, 12:03 AM

Congratulations on your sobriety. I can only hope and pray that I can be as strong and as successful as you. I can deal with certain pain. But any mouth/jaw pain is too unbearable and that's when the pain pills come in. Any suggestions on what I could take for the pain that's strong enough to help yet not a narcotic? I'd go see a doctor if I could but like I mentioned before I don't have insurance and can't afford it. And Tylenol just doesn't do it for me.
Posted: May 18, 2014, 8:53 AM

At 22 years old you have mouth and jaw pain that causes you to seek pain pills enough to get addited? Your body is tougher than you think. They make stuff like oragel and ambsal that will help with that. I hear excuse after excuse. I am not trying to be mean in any way, i know how it feels to be helpless in addiction. I mentioned before that i too have made every excuse to not go to treatment or NA. But when i got honest with myself it got better for me. You asked for help and i'm trying to help. If i knew what town or state you lived in, i would(ME)do some research for you and see what we can get for you but until your ready to make a change it's gonna be a battle for you. I go to NA and have a sponsor and work the steps because my life depends on it. On my own i would surly fail. I have almost 2 years clean and it's not always easy but it CAN be done. Stop making excuses and do something to save your life! You may not always like what you hear here but that's when you need to hear that will help you the most. It might even tee you off, but i would be no help to you by sugar coating addiction. Yes, it sucks! I was in the boat your in, no insurance, all this pain from this or that and when i really really tried i found a place to go and it cost me $30.00. You have to have to have a open mind and be willing to take suggestions from other addicts who have been where you are. ALL of us have been where you are and know how you feel. All of us had to learn how to do things One Day At A Time. Make today the day you become willing! (((HUGS)))
Posted: May 18, 2014, 5:36 PM

Actually yes, I have what is called TMJ. And it causes severe pain in my jaw and my teeth and it's absolutely unbearable. And I'm not trying to make excuses. I really wanna be off these more than anything but I cannot deal with the pain. It makes me miserable. More miserable than these damn pills make me. It's just a big circle that never ends.
Posted: June 7, 2014, 3:23 AM

How are you littlebaer, hope your doing well, if not still get on here and let us know, there is no judgement here just love and support.
Posted: June 12, 2014, 1:13 AM

Not as good as I wish i was doing. Trying to stay strong but it's not going so well. I guess I'm not as strong as i thought I could be. Pain controls my body :/
Posted: June 14, 2014, 3:48 PM

Little bear I understand what you are going through
100000000%. I have a real medical condition
that causes me to need pain medication
to function. I now need them to function
as a busy wife and Mom. I am also bipolar with
extreme anxiety. I've spoken with my dr. I'm weaned
down to the minimum amount to keep chronic
pain bearable. Every second of every waking
moment I am fighting the urge to take more.
I have tried every anti depressant, and anti
anxiety medication. Nothing calms me like Vicodin. Panic,
depression, and withdrawl keeps me in tears in the
fetal position. Excuses I know, but I feel I've exhausted
every other option. I even once ended up in the
hospital due to an overdose of extra strength
tylonel trying to not take my prescription, and
manage my pain OTC. I've accepted this is my
life. Has been since 06ish. No one knows, because
I don't talk about how bad my addiction is. They
all know I have prescription painkillers. They don't
know I abused them, and became hooked.
Having someone to talk to, who won't judge
or lecture me would be wonderful. Addiction
is very lonely. I judge myself harshly enough.
If yiu need someone to talk to about the nightmare I
will be happy to be that person. Maybe we can
help each other save ourselves.
Posted: June 18, 2014, 11:17 PM

Hey I really empathize with your situation. I too suffer from pain and used to be addicted to opiates. Have you ever heard of DMSO? It's dimethyl-sulfoxide, which is a natural by-product of paper processing. So it comes from wood pulp. I started using it for my neck and shoulder pain and it works way better than opiates, you don't need a prescription and it's cheap!!!
Hope this helps!! Good luck!!

This post has been edited by moderator on June 19, 2014, 7:45 AM
  top of page  Top