post replypost new topic
I'm Going To Die If I Carry On Like This.

Posted: April 12, 2014, 8:11 AM
I've been addicted to pain meds for 10 years now. It started with dihydrocodiene, then onto paramol, then solpadine max and for the past 2 years it's been nurofen plus. Every time I try to quit, I move onto something else and I just can't take it any more. I've had epilepsy for 2 years now and I was initially given the n+ for the pain after a seizure but now I take it every day. I have a prescription from the doctor for it and I also buy it from shops. I usually take 16-24 two or 3 times a day, so I can easily take 60+ tablets a day.
I ended up with gastroenteritis last year and I was in hospital for 2 weeks, while in hospital I didn't have a single tablet and the withdraw symptoms were awful. I couldn't sleep, I had severely restless legs, I just couldn't settle. I told my doctor but nothing ever came of it.
I don't know what to do. I know that if I don't stop, I'm going to die and I really don't want to die. Please help. Please.

Posted: April 13, 2014, 4:39 AM
Hi coley, I don't really know how much help I will be but I do know how you are feeling. It sucks dosn't it. I have been on the NP for around five years. Tomorrow I will try again to go cold turkey. Taper does not work for me, its all or nothing. It scares the hell out of me to know what I am doing to my body.

Why don't you start with me tomorrow. Keep close to this site and we can help each other. I find the restless legs just horrible. I found that if you wrap TIGHTLY from groin to ankle some bandages, this may help a little, it does help me.

Stay strong, don't give up

Bec

Posted: April 14, 2014, 2:12 PM
Hey coley, How are you going?

I have to be honest and tell you I am back to day one today so even if your not doing well don't be ashamed to admit it. We are only as sick as our secrets.

We can do it.

Hope to hear from you.

Bec

Posted: April 15, 2014, 12:33 PM
Hi Coley,

Hope you're OK?

Bec - How are you going? You mentioned you were back to square one, so just wanted to see how things were with you.

Ellen

Posted: April 15, 2014, 12:55 PM
Hope u guys are ok the legs omg hahaa so bad I get muscle spasms in my left arm to omg it drives me crazy I'm a 30ml codeine user take about 8 a day diydracodeine not sure if right spelling 60 mls a day an diazepam user 10 mls a night been clean ish for about 6 weeks an struggling been taking the 8 ml codeine but I crave more an I crave drugs it sucks do any of u no how long the withdrawal is for this medication an gud luck all we can do is try

Posted: April 29, 2014, 12:45 AM
It is very bad for small age child because long time it is damaged our health and many side effects of the this tablet.
post replypost new topic