post replypost new topic
Stronger Than I Think

Posted: March 26, 2014, 9:02 AM
My dads a alcoholic both my brothers are addicts and so am I! We were taught u fight your demons alone! What if you lose that fight? It gets the best of me! It's a constant battle day in and day out! I'm so sick of it! I get high to feel normal! I don't know who I am sober! I'm scared when I'm sober lookin for that next fix! And how do I get it? That's my life right now. I procrastinate about everything! I try to hold out so just by some miracle I'll get that next high and things will be better! But there not! And I know this. Just prolonging the inevitable! Is there any relief from this madness? Plz help

Posted: March 26, 2014, 12:33 PM
JW....I used to hate the terms "just for today" "one day at a time" and "keep it simple" Until i started living them. You've only got today. Just think about today. Tell yourself that you will stay clean for the next few hours, then again the next few hours...before you know it you'll have a few 24 hours under your belt.

My father was an alcoholic. I never thought i'd basically follow in his footsteps being an addict. You can do it. Don't over think things. Get some real support, perhaps go to a meeting. We are here for you, we have your back.

hugs,
Heather

--------------------
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might just find you get what you need :-)
post replypost new topic