|
PRIVACY
|
RECOMMEND A RESOURCE
|
HOME

The Main Wd's Are Over But.....
Posted: October 4, 2013, 11:09 AM

The bad part of sub Wd's are behind me, but this endless state of fatigue, dizziness, fogginess, etc, seems endless.

For the first time in as long as I can remember II have real hope for the future, and I am thankful for many things, and that helps and means more than anything, but I would sure like to stop feeling all 'spacey.'

--------------------
Browndog113@yahoo.com

No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you
Posted: October 4, 2013, 3:26 PM

Hydrate

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

user posted image
Posted: October 4, 2013, 8:07 PM

Congrats. How long have you been off the subs for now?

--------------------
Opiate Addiction & Treatment Resource

Methadone Clinic Directory
Posted: October 5, 2013, 8:24 AM

That was my least favourite aspect of it all. The lack of motivation, sleep, strength and the thought of it never subsiding. Good news, it all subsides and rather quickly. Hang in there brother.

--------------------
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."
Posted: October 5, 2013, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the good advice and wishes. I think somewhere around Sept. 3 was the last day, So I guess I am doing OK for the relatively short amount of time its been- its only been about a month, but it seems longer.

In one of the background stories in the NA book, this recovering addict came to the conclusion that 'IN RECOVERY THERE ARE NO BAD DAYS, JUST GOOD DAYS , AND LEARNING DAYS'

There is definitely some wisdom there, at the same time I sure wouldn't mind fast forwarding thru some of these learning days.

--------------------
Browndog113@yahoo.com

No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you
Posted: October 5, 2013, 11:05 AM

I couldv'e done without any learning days.

We got a pretty good deal, years of abuse to only a month or so of physical recovery. Pretty sweet when you think about it.

--------------------
Posted: October 5, 2013, 11:14 AM

I really can't stress enough how important exercise is in fast forwarding learning days and the process as a whole. It profoundly improves, mental, physical, emotional etc. Of course, it's very difficult to get our asses off the couch or bed, but once you do for a few days, it's magical.I went through a withdrawal without exercise and a few with, and the difference is night and day. If you can incorporate the outdoors like a round of golf, or hiking, even better.

This post has been edited by flipperbaby on October 5, 2013, 11:17 AM

--------------------
Posted: October 5, 2013, 4:51 PM

Hey there browndog and flipper.I have enjoyed all your recent posts bdog,love hearing the hopein your posts even though you obviously still not feeling great.august 27th my cleandate from sub and i can sympathise with you on the extended nature of the withdrawls.I am actually pretty close to feeling 100% again and am out running,mountainbiking and all those good things i love in recovery.my only issue is I still have real bad GI stuff going on..some nervous moments at work lol! anyway I dont post much but i mean to so will post something under my own name soon as i actually check in here most days,not that much been going on here latley(bring back evie i say).
Keep at it Bdog as you know it will get better and life is beautiful again

kiwi
Posted: October 5, 2013, 10:38 PM

Harry hi:

Each day it will get so much easier. For today tomm--I do not know you personally. My first wean in 2005 Exercise food and a ton of water--anything gatorade water etc--But living in Florida HYDRATION is so KEY as Kat stated. does not matter if you live in Alaska--HYDRATION

I never ate bananas now daily I eat one?

Coffee another bad vice for ME--used it to deal with working-Divorce- outpatient in 2005- lots of s*** going on.-Still f-ed up and did drink on and off etc etc-

-Today I drink Coffee once in a blue moon--took many years--We can do anything and I am willing to finally listen to my doctors and am doing better than?????? EVER-Mentally-amazed where I am-TODAY

8-9 yrs later there are P.A meetings. Denise god rest her soul told me years ago. Life is so short--so hang in there

Whatever works Harry just remember one thing--you should be really proud of YOU--your story helps me so THANKS

Take care--Jeffrey

This post has been edited by Suboxman on October 5, 2013, 10:39 PM

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time
Posted: October 6, 2013, 8:23 AM

I definitely agree with flipperbaby on the importance of exercise. Exercise releases endorphins (endogenous morphine) and it can really make you feel a lot better. A good workout was always my go-to method when I was having a down moment or day.

--------------------

Posted: October 6, 2013, 1:01 PM

Thanks for the wishes and advice. Subman, I know u been around a long long time & due to ur name I always assumed u were /had been on sub for a while. It definitely was a good tool, and when I think about it, the down side for me probably turns out to be worth it.

I'm forcing myself to drink more water, trying to get down at least one bottle a day intead of my usal coke (soda), gatoraide , OJ, etc. Trying to limit soda to 1 can a day, as I know that crap is bad for u (it just tastes so damn good.)

How hard do I push myself with exercise? I try forcing myself a bit, like walking around the block - but sometimes I cant even make it to the corner and back without resting. Then I get home, can't breath, and feel worse for a bit.

Do I force myself thru it & try to endure. I'm not worried about getting a heart attack or anything like that & don't worry about giving me incorrect advice.

I'd just like to know how it went for you, Somniferon & others.

Again thanks for the help

--------------------
Browndog113@yahoo.com

Posted: October 7, 2013, 6:59 AM

If you have no health issues, push yourself. Babysteps though. Start with a mile and build it up everyday. I promise, it's integral.

--------------------
Posted: October 7, 2013, 2:53 PM

I think you want to push yourself to at least the point where your heart rate is up or you are sweating, or if you are working out your muscles, when your muscles feel tired. I like to push myself hard but I mean don't go so hard that you collapse =P

Are you still having physical withdrawal symptoms? If walking to the end of the street and back is all you can do that's fine, you can start with that and just build it up slowly like flipperbaby said. Then you can start doing a light jog for part of the way, and keep building it up. If you want something to try indoors you can try doing some sets of pushups. If you don't have the strength to do them on the floor, wall pushups are a great place to start. If you do a search on how to do wall pushups properly, you will find they are actually pretty good.

--------------------

Posted: October 10, 2013, 7:10 PM

I'm gonna start giving that a shot , tomorrow. I'm not having full WD symptoms, just a total feeling of weekness, lack of focus, and very minor amounts of leg tension (a minor version of when the inside of ur legs is all stressed and wants to crawl out of your skin. I am still out of it. I visited a Dr that I learned to trust and who I was able to be honest with, even when using. He said it will be another month or 2 till my brain starts releasing enuf dopameane or whatever.

Some days I feel almost good for a couple hours, and just a few days ago it felt like I was starting to fall in WD's again.

I have accepted the fact that I simply will feel the way I feel for a while, & there is nothing I can do about it (other than pray, try to relax myself etc.) Accepting that reality has made things more acceptable to me.

--------------------
Browndog113@yahoo.com

Posted: October 11, 2013, 8:26 AM

I know how ya feel! And what I can tell you is that it will get better. It seems like it took me forever to have energy just to take a shower. It was rough in the beginning. The no sleep was the worst for me and it lasted about 21 days. The muscle cramps and cold sweats were also there for about 21 days. I forget what you're detoxing from but i'll share mine, I came off methadone and like you i got got on it just to not be dope sick. I still took other drugs while on it. Even when i went to treatment i was soooo sick of chasing the sickness that i just wanted to be off the methadone, i never really wanted to be clean. But my feelings did change. Not sure where this post is going. I just wanted to give you a pat on the back and tell you to hang in there, I know how you feel and it WILL and DOES get much better with time. Today i have over 15 months and it was all worth it! (((HUGS)))

Jessica
Posted: October 12, 2013, 10:18 AM

Jessica, that was a great post for me. Even though I know it's not true, I have the habit of thinking I'm the only one who practices (practiced I hope) my type of insanity, like getting detoxed to get high. Almost every NA meeting I am still amazed sometimes when people share their feelings which are almost identical to mine. It is a great comfort for us, that though we can be way different in every way, we all share the same disease and have dealt with many of the same struggles (even before using & during dry times). We offer support and strength to each other as only recovering addicts can. We understand and know each other, in a way that it seems unlikely that straight people ever could. As crazy as this might sound, in some ways our addiction is/was a negative, painful gift. It led us (me anyway) to an understanding of what is really real and important, and that the only good life is through being in touch with God and learning to become a good person inside. Some people, maybe many or most people, don't come to a spiritual awakening & with eyes wide open (when or if they bother to look) knowingly believe in illusions, like lots of money will bring lots of happiness. I am not saying this to put down straights, but without my addictions, & the growing inner darkness that was there with or without drugs, it is possible that I would function the same way as other non addicts.

Good for u for getting off of methadone. First time I got off it was about 12 years ago, and the WD's were not pleasant. It might be because of my age, but the wd's from sub seemed a bit worse and more prolonged. Even after being 'detoxed' the general uncomfortableness
seems a little worse and a little longer.

But things are way better today than they were last week. In the morning I am starting to feel good for longer and longer periods of time. The worst and the bad is long gone, thank God, and like the Beatles song says, 'I admit it's getting better, better every day.'

Best hopes and wishes to you and all
Harry

--------------------
Browndog113@yahoo.com

Posted: October 12, 2013, 5:44 PM

I'm detoxed five months off sub too and the depression is terrible. I took opiates for 25 yrs because they "cured" my depression. Now I'm questioning whether I want to live like this or go back on maintaince. I feel like I've wasted the last three yrs battering this. I was happy on maintaince. My life was stable. Now I'm not happy to even wake up in the morning...
Will I ever be happy again?
Posted: October 13, 2013, 11:35 AM

Hi SubZero,

Welcome to the forums. I am curious, what made you want to get off the Suboxone in the first place?

I'm sure eventually you will start feeling normal again. Twenty-five years of use is a long time and it will likely take a long time to recover from that. Have you been getting daily exercise?

--------------------

Posted: October 13, 2013, 11:40 AM

Have u tried anti-depressants in the past couple years. They have some pretty effective stuff out.

This post has been edited by Browndog113 on October 13, 2013, 11:55 AM

--------------------
Browndog113@yahoo.com

Posted: October 16, 2013, 10:36 AM

Hey Browndog, I'm glad the worst is over. I've found in helping a lot of opiate addicts into recovery that eating protein every four hours, and using the amino acid L-Tyrosine, at a dosage of at least 1000mg upon arising, and late morning or early afternoon, that the fatigue and spaciness reduces a lot. This is because opiate use depletes dopamine, which gives us energy and drive, and l-tyrosine is what the brain makes it out of. A good multivitamin with 25-50mg vit B 6 helps as well. You can get it from any vitamin store
  top of page  Top