post replypost new topic
Rapid Detox

Posted: March 9, 2011, 1:00 PM
Hi, I am addicted to several Hydrocodone, ambien and soma. I went to a treatment center but was very uncomfortable. Roomie stole my stuff, she was a bully etc. I am considering rapid detox. Has anyone tried this and if so was it successful?
Thanks for any help.

Posted: March 10, 2011, 1:11 PM
I only know of one person here who did it and it didn't work.

Are you still in treatment?

Looking for an easier softer way isn't going to get you clean. Hard work and alot praying will.

Can you tell us more of your story?

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: March 10, 2011, 2:10 PM
I have not personally gone to rapid detox, but I have heard some horor studies, like people suddenly finding themselves in the midst of horrid WD's, or leaving the place 'not right'. Check it out on the net. Form what I have heard, I wouldn't try it. But you have other options, especially if u r financially able to afford rapid detox.

There are other detox places bedsides the one u went to. Usually the places that u pay for with insurance or cash, are better.

I have been in bad detox places and decent ones. There are many listed on this web site, with some (unverified) info about them. Call first and talk to someone from the program. If u r unable to get in touch with a health person (like a nurse or an administrator who knows whats going on) that might not be a good place to go.

ASk questions, especially what they use to detox u with- u don't want to end up somewhere (like I did) where they essentially give u nothing but vistoral.

Also, when talking to the person, mention ur bad experience at the last place. See how they respond to that.

Good luck./

--------------------
No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you

Posted: March 10, 2011, 2:24 PM
I guess I am trying to take the easy way out. I am moving to Houston next week. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks you guys for your honesty. I appreciate ya

Posted: March 11, 2011, 12:43 AM
My Story? I was stopped at at 249/beltway where you can curve around and rhe guy didn't see me. He was driving the size of a Fedx van going 60-65 miles an hour, I was lucky to be alive. It did a great deal of damage to my neck,hands but mostly my back.I called many doctors but would not treat me due "auto victim. I went to different docs and all they did was presscibe meds. I found a pain managment doctor who did injections and of course pills.That was over 2/and 1/2 years ago. The third party insuarance has made me go thru my insurance, That is how I got on Vicodim, muscle relaxers, injections and ambien. want to be myself againl I do not like this life, Does anyone have specifici advice for me? What should I do?
Many thanks

Posted: March 11, 2011, 12:48 PM
With chronic pain like yours, the best advice I have is to find a good dr and tell them the truth. Tell them you are addicted. Let them help you wean or at least give you options to deal with this. Are you still in that kind of pain or is it in your head now because you think you still need the pills? Time to get honest with yourself and people who can help you.

Rapid detox is more for chronic users..people who have been addicted for years. And it ain't pretty what they do to you. You have to be healthy enough to go through it in the first place. Not something I would ever consider, but that's just me.

Keep talking here, it helps.

--------------------

Posted: March 11, 2011, 5:54 PM
Hi First welcome & Im glad to see your post...Sorry to hear of your chronic pain.That stinks as its something you may always have.

Im sad to say though...I myself dont feel there is any EASY way off drugs.Im sure no matter what you'll feel some discomfort.But it doesnt need to be a horriable thing either.
Lisa hit it on the head.First & I feel the best thing for you to do is BE HONEST with your Dr.It seems as if so many of us feel so ashamed that we never talk about it with a Dr or someone who can help because of what they may think.
What people think really doesnt matter,its getting help that matters.Once you take that step & get a better idea of what options are out there for you,this whole process may not seem so overwhelming.
I also agree with looking up & researching the rapid detox,or anything else you may be thinking of.Knowledge can be a powerful thing & in this case(drug addiction)the more you learn the better off you are.
Good Luck n please keep us updated
mollyjean

Posted: March 11, 2011, 10:30 PM
Hello angel and welcome to the board.

Cowgirl (Lisa) gave you good straight forward advice. I haven't heard anything good of the rapid detox either. I do however deal with chronic pain and as mentioned by the others....be honest with your doctor and your family.

I found that when I did have to take narcotics for pain, I had to give them to my husband to control. I had no control when they were left up to me to give to myself. I also attend NA and surround myself with others who can relate.

It takes courage to come here and ask for help. I am sorry you had such a bad experience with rehab. Don't give up. There are good treatment centers out there. There is hope to be yourself without having the drugs clouding your mind.

Good luck

Dawn

Posted: March 13, 2011, 9:30 PM
Many of us here got addicted to pills because of legitimate pain. However, after awhile...

your body will manufacture artificial pain to keep you taking more and more pain meds. I never believed I could manage pain without narcotics. I have almost 17 months clean and believe it or not, advil and tylenol do work. So do ice and heat, epsom salt baths, and rest, which I never even considered while on pills!

Come clean with a good doctor and stop the merry-go-round. You can do this!

--------------------
It's my party and I'll stay clean if I want to.

Posted: March 14, 2011, 11:52 AM
17 months Betsy? I'm doing the happy dance, you just can't see me...<g>

--------------------
post replypost new topic