post replypost new topic
Rae

Posted: July 29, 2006, 10:06 PM
Just read about your daughter. I knew she had some problems but I can't believe that it has been this long now.I have to ask did they blood test her or skin test, and did they tell you that these tests are not always accurate in children under 3, blood especially. I went through this with Paige, the things we flat out knew she was allergic to came up negative, like milk that she breaks out in a rash with as soon as she even touches it to her mouth. It could be viral, my son drove me nuts when he was young, sometimes it was food, other times chemicals, meds, and then just a regular old kid viral thing.
Keep an eye on her and keep a food diray it really helps in seeing things. Look at her behavior, tired, moody terrible 2 stuff can be a reaction to something, not necessarily just a 2 year old thing....
This stuff can drive you nuts as a parent I know.
Thinking of you,
Love,
Tina

--------------------
Well it sucks, now doesn't it? When you make your own bed and then have to lie in the filth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a glitch due to system overload. Please stand by to find out what future you will design.

Posted: July 29, 2006, 10:18 PM
Hey Tina,

Thanks for asking about her. Your right about it driving you insane when your children have a rash. If it was up to my peditrican he would have just kept me coming back to him forever. LOL He is the one that ordered the 1st blood test for allergies which was negative.

Then after the prednisone by mouth for 5 days didn't work was when I called a dermotologist. He is the one that ordered the 2nd series of blood work. A strep test, liver and blood count. The white blood count was normal and the other two are not back yet. I should know on Monday what those were. Anyway, no skin test was done. He sent me home with tha Vanos Cream and it worked great within 2 days the rash was pretty much gone. If it wouldn't have been he was going to do the skin test. The Vanos is pretty strong and it usually isn't given to children under 12. That is why he only used it for 2 days. So now we are using Elocon on her and it's working.

She started with a runny nose last night but other than the rash no other symptoms. She has had this rash from June 26th until July 26, so for a month..

I am so happy it is finally going away. We have had many sleepless nights in this house.. Poor thing was waking up itching her palms of her hands for a couple weeks straight before the rash started.Your right though I do think it was viral. Kristin had this type of rash to when she was about 3 but it was severe.

So how is everyone in your house? Hope everyone is well..

My kids are wanting me to run them to Dairy Queen. So I will talk to you later..

Have a good one...Rae

This post has been edited by Rae73 on July 29, 2006, 10:21 PM

Posted: July 29, 2006, 10:30 PM
Dairy queen sounds like heaven eat one for me ok. I haven't had ice cream in forever. Very jealous, and allergic......
If her tests come back ok and I will be praying big time for that try to get her to an allergist. Honestly they are the ones who know usually. This rash stuff is insanity always, and not easy even for the best of doctors to figure out. I went through more hell with Paige and the skin, thought I had seen it all with the others, but you know there is always the one child that has to be different, lol....

Everyone is good here, thanks for asking. Just got home from vacation and my son is home on pass for the weekend, looking real good and sounds great. Big smiles all around.....

Hope you guys are all ok, and enjoy the lazy summer days.
Talk soon,
Love,
Tina

--------------------
Well it sucks, now doesn't it? When you make your own bed and then have to lie in the filth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a glitch due to system overload. Please stand by to find out what future you will design.

Posted: July 29, 2006, 10:31 PM
Rae,
Sorry to hear that the baby's sick.Hopefully they can get it taken care of.
Do you think it could be Exemia?My youngest has it.But it's mostly on the back bottom of his legs.And boy when it flares up he does a job on it with all the scratching.We use Elidel to stop it.Works very well.
Anyway, let me know how she's doing.Good luck w/ the rest of the testing....

--------------------
DJ

AKA "Impyinside"

Posted: July 30, 2006, 3:04 AM
Knowing how this itching feels, I can't even imagine a two year old feeling it. My prayers go out to little Lindsay and hope this stays better and the rest of the testing comes out fine. I wonder why it started on the palms of her hands?
A friend had a child who would wake up screaming that the bottom of his feet were burning. That disorder actually had a name that I can't remember. It would occur out of the blue at times and his Mom would have to get cold rags. He went through this for years but it started around age two. His feet would actually get red and feverish to the touch.
We Mom's see it all, lol, I guess.
xxxooo

--------------------
Love,
Kat

God determines who walks into your life; it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Posted: July 30, 2006, 6:50 PM
Just want you to know that I'm thinking about your daughter Rae. Poor baby.

Tina...it's nice to see you, hope all is well. I owe you an email, one that I'm going to sit down and work on after dinner. I have some things that I want to talk to you about and it'll take some explaining.

I am so grateful for you...

Kat..are you feeling any better today? How high was your sugar this morning? You know that you were border line yesterday, right?

Talk to you later tonight...

xxxooo

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: July 30, 2006, 8:45 PM
DJ,

It is so nice to see you back here and posting. Did you get that bad storm last night? The lightening was unbelievable..

The dermotologist did not think it was Excema but who knows. The cream she is using now seems to be helping a lot. Sorry to hear your son has had excema for some time now. That is awful and not much you can do but put the cream on it and keep him cool. Hard to do that is Florida huh?

Well you take care and we'll talk soon. I think I am going to lay down with the kids.

Kat,

Oh my goodness. I couldn't imagine having a child with burning feet. That would be horrible. You know there are so many different rashes and possiblities it is ridiculous. We may never know what Lindsay had. It could be any of these but I think it was viral but what do I know. LOL Thanks for asking about her and hope you feel better soon..

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T082900.asp

Lisa,

She is doing much better. Thanks for the well wishes. We have had a heck of a month trying to figure out what this rash was and how to cure it...

Rae

Posted: August 1, 2006, 4:26 PM
rae,

hey girly. my paige has battled exzema since she was an infant. 16 years. i didnt read all the way through but exzema caught my eye. its a biatch. especially with seasonal changes. hey call me in the morning and i can offer you all kinds of info. i even have had paige through skin studies at university of michigan. a few times. foods, stress, pollens, watching the rug rats, well ok not that one, but there are several things that will trigger it. paige used to have it over 75 % of her body as an infant and toddler, as she went through puberty it has cleared. but man if you dont have insurance those meds will cost you, a remortgage and your first and last born. anyway call me, i gotsta go. i am having a brown out at my house and am at my sis in laws again its 110 degrees with heat index, second day in the row!! grrrrrrr.

love ya <3 and miss ya.

terrianne

--------------------
user posted image

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth.--Mark Twain

Just tell Nemo you couldn't find him because you were out getting high.
[R|E|S|P|O|N|S|I|B|I|L|I|T|Y] Your anti-drug
post replypost new topic