post replypost new topic
Why Do My Eyes Feel Like Needles Are Stabbing Them
steph

Posted: April 8, 2004, 6:02 AM
I am curently withdrawing horribly from Vicodin. Was taking 15-20 pills daily for 5 months with the last month up this high (15-20). Im looking forward to kicking this habit very badly.
I have once been through withdrawels before so its kinda comin back to me, and im dreading the next 24 hours to the next few days. However I havent ever withdrawn from this many pills a day.
My biggest problem now is that my eyes feel like they are being stabbed every second with needles!!! Is this common to anyone? It is brutally painful!
I cannot even describe the pain. My eyes are in need of the drug more than any other part of me.
If anyone knows or can relate to what this actually is or if it is normal please let me know, also should i be worried about this and will it subside?
thank you!
stephanie
minchickie@AOL.COM

Posted: April 8, 2004, 5:31 PM
I think that your having the ole' hightened scenses reaction (eye's hurting, ears ringing, sneezing) it's all commen with withdrawl. That old saying " just shoot me" definatly aplys to withdrawl symptoms. I would like to say it will pass but I'm a punch drunk boxer with "issues" <<<<lol, just kidding kitten..........stay strong steph.........the world a better place with a few less scripts getting filled...........................Sand.....

--------------------
"Hands are for shaking, not tying"

Posted: April 8, 2004, 7:20 PM
Thanks, i know it sucks horribly!!! lol, why my eyes though, oh my god!!! Brutal!

Posted: April 8, 2004, 8:37 PM
Steph. Just a suggestion. My eyes burn when I'm detoxing and it's usually from something being secreted into them from my tear ducts. Try and take a clean wet warm cloth and keep them clean. It helps me, but it might be different for you. Worth a try???

Posted: April 9, 2004, 4:22 AM
yes more and more as time is (so utterly passing) I am feeling all sorts of s***! The tears are burnign them, however the stabbing id mentioned is far worse. It like there are some holes in my eyes and without the drug the wholes arent getting there water, that sounds stupid as hell , i know but i know my eyes are kike this due to the lack of the drug. There were time when id oversleep and not wake up in the early morning to pop 3 more and id wake up in the late afternoon and when i did my eyes started to feel like this because id waited to long to get my daily breakfast dose. So i know it's relative for sure. I think the irritabily, clouded thoughs, unability to think, and the disorientation are far worse than the body pain at this time, aside from my eyes, But im surprised the body aches are not present yet!!! Oh god yet!
Anyhow, what do you think the doc at the E.R would give me as far as ive given you a brief synopsis of a description to go by.?
Do you think hes give me Klonopin or a tranquiler? how about all the subutex or the other stuff ive been reading about?
What do you guys think theyd do for me, realistically.
thanks again, sincerely, steph

Posted: April 9, 2004, 8:58 AM
Steph,
Did you check with the ER doc? Wondered how you're feeling today. Maybe they can give you something to help with the withdrawl not be so punishing.
Keep posting. Love, PMCB

--------------------
Yuki's Mama

Life here is short, find the light, breathe the light, be the light.

Hang tight, fly right!
noelle

Posted: April 9, 2004, 9:03 AM
hey try taking alot of aspirin, it thins your blood and that way when it flows through your veins (which may be constricting now) it won't be as thick and it will be alot less painful. I have the same problem, it helps me alot. make sure you take about 3 or 4 or they won't help. Good luck-Noelle

Posted: April 9, 2004, 9:39 PM
I went to the er when I started my detox and I told the dr what was going on and I wanted to get off of these pills I was taking 30 to 35 vicoden a day and she gave me clonidine 0.1 take 2 a day I only took 1 for a few days and now I take only a 1/2 sat will be 1 week for me and so far I am doing ok.

good luck Joan
post replypost new topic