< prev  post replypost new topic
Vicodin Addict Needs Help

Posted: March 24, 2004, 4:46 PM
(((New)))
I used to think that getting high was the greatest feeling on earth. Then it got out of hand and only caused me depression and anxiety.
When I get clean, I started going to meetings and working the steps and the way I feel today is much better than any high I ever got. I have a peace that I was searching for all my life. I am finally not searching for something else and can accept me as me.
love ya
Kat
PS Mothers worry no matter what you do hehe
crystal cave

Posted: March 24, 2004, 5:47 PM
GOOD FOR YOU FOR TELLING YOUR MOM. If your mom had a problem would you want her to share it with you? She told you her feelings, believe her. Why would she lie. Being human is not being a failure. Being a failure is hurting other people intentionally and being mean and uncaring. you certainly dont come across that way at all. Ask your mom how she feels is you want to be certain. She loves you she will tell you. I think that was the best thing you could have done for her and for you. She was probably thinking of worse things that could have been wrong. How are you doing now? Is it getting any easier for you? Again, I am so proud of you. Look how far you've come. Quite a long way. Treat yourself the way you would treat your own daughter with love and kindness. You deserve just that. Keep it up. You are special.
crystal

Posted: March 24, 2004, 6:35 PM

Last message was from van.My Webpage

Posted: March 26, 2004, 8:33 AM
noxan1101
what a great thing for me to rech for - that's what i am always looking for PEACE - so i am heading in the right direction - thanks for your beautiful words. inspiring
crystal
Guest_KAREN

Posted: March 27, 2004, 10:10 AM
HI, THIS IS MY FIRST DAY WITHOUT VICODIN. I STARTED TAKING IT ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO. MY DAD GOT CANCER AND THE DOCTORS GAVE IT TO HIM. I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT I TRIED IT. IT HELPED ( I THOUGHT ) ME DEAL WITH HIS CANCER. AT FIRST IT WAS JUST ONCE IN A WHILE, THEN I STARTED TAKING MORE AS HE GOT WORSE. AFTER HE DIED, INSTEAD OF FLUSHING THE REST, I ENDED UP TAKING IT. THEN I HAD A FRIEND WHO WOULD GIVE ME SOME, THEN I WOULD GO TO DOCTORS. THEN, AND I FEEL SO LOW ABOUT THIS, I BOUGHT IT OFF THE STREET. MY DAD WILL HAVE BEEN DEAD TWO YEARS THIS JUNE. I WILL NOT TAKE ANYMORE, BUT I'M SCARED. I DON'T KNOW WHY I FEEL SCARED, I JUST AM. MY HEAD HURTS, MY CHEST, MY LEGS AND KNEES. I'M MOODY. I USED TO BE HAPPY. I HAVE WANTED TO TALK WITH MY FAMILY OR DOCTOR, BUT I KNOW WHAT THEY WILL THINK OF ME. I JUST HAVE TO DO THIS. I KNOW I CAN. I HAVE SOME IN THE HOUSE, BUT I HAVE NOT TAKEN IT TODAY. I WON'T. HOW LONG WILL THE WITHDRAWS LAST. THANKS FOR LISTENING.

Posted: March 27, 2004, 10:42 AM
it has been five weeks that i haven't taken a vicodin and i fight the urge mentally quite often but am so happy that i have not given in. i thought that i loved the feeling of the high from the pills however i love being alive again and feeling again. my every waking thought was consumed with my "next pill". i can function now without a pill although i fight the urge mentally but am winning this battle. the physical pain will pass. the fatigue will lessen and the bathroom runs will lessen as time goes on. do not consume your life with taking drugs. read this message board over and over because everyone who writes- wants to stop using. obviously, drugs are not the answer to a happy life. be strong and don't give in to your urges. you can do it!

Posted: March 27, 2004, 12:18 PM
Guest - that was well said - thank you

guest karen - did you discuss with doctor how to stop taking this medicine - cold turkey works for a lot of people but for me, i have to wean, i dont like the feeling of col turky although it's faster, with weaning you still feel bad, but i can function in my life alot better, and day by da my body seems to crave less and less.

good luck and you are not alone, and that scared feeling for no reason at all that i know of either - just might be the worse - the fear stops me from so much.

good luck and we are all here for you!
crystal
Guest_karen

Posted: March 28, 2004, 9:30 AM
HI, I'M REAL TIRED THIS MORNING. I FEEL LIKE I'M MOVING SLOW. YESTERDAY I WORKED ALL DAY. WILL DO THE SAME TODAY. SLEPT LIKE CRAP. I JUST TOOK IBUPROFEN BECAUSE MY HEAD AND BACK HURTS. I FEEL SHAKY TOO. THANKS FOR YOUR WORDS CRYSTAL, I'LL THINK ABOUT GOING TO THE DOCTOR. I DON'T REALY KNOW WHAT TO SAY RIGHT NOW. I'M NOT THINKING REAL CLEAR THIS MORNING. I'M GLAD I FOUND THIS BOARD. I'M JUST FEELING DOWN RIGHT NOW. I WON'T TAKE ANY MORE VICODIN. OR ANY PAIN PILL EXCEPT IBUPHOFEN. I THINK I'LL TAKE A SHOWER NOW AND GO TO WORK. I'LL KEEP READING THE BOARD. THANKS,
KAREN

Posted: March 28, 2004, 9:58 AM
guest karen,
i know the feeling i have been clean 23 days today. the withdrawels were no fun i went cold turkey i tried to go in to detox but they had no beds available so they sent me home with 8 ativan to help me i went to see my doctor a few days later he gave me 15 more ativan and it helped i guess . my advice is get some immodium i have taken more of that in the last 3 weeks than in my life, hot baths help too.
good luck

Posted: March 28, 2004, 10:21 AM
what does this immodium do????

thanks

keep it up karen - you cazn do it - I KNOW THE FEELING ONLY TOO WELL and you sometimes wonder if it is all worth it but i can tell you aboslutedly positively it is worth being the true you without one doubt - good luck and let us know how you do - work - couldn't even comtemplate that -i am a stay at home mom - and that is no easy thing in itself - i feel better when i get out most o fthe time but having to be at work all day - UGH i am here

thanks for everyone's input and advice - it's nice to know i am not alone in this hell.

crystal

Posted: March 28, 2004, 10:43 AM
Crystal,
The immodium is for all of the diarreha, this stuff comes out of your sysem like crazy.. Another encouraging post, I too, am a stay at home. Tke care, Best Wishes

Karen,
Keep it up we are all rooting for you , you can do it. My husband found it better to work, there you just keep going, and can't think about it. The leg aches went better for him, I think it is because he worked. I got out everyday but not always for that length of time. It's been 2 days today huh, you are so close, soon you will be feeling better, your head should start clearing and that alone, is so worth it!!!! Keep going,Karen, we all here for you. Best Wishes.

Posted: March 28, 2004, 11:39 AM
best wishes
we seem tohave alot in common - i have to say, if i had three kids i would be on heroine i suppose lol
i have one who is 9 and i am still adapting to motherhood.... was a secretary for a big company, ran my own fitness business, and this is the hardest job i ever had. It is also the most rewarding. My mom always used to tell me that when you have children - your life is over - i took that to heart - and that messed me up - have to figure out how to live, without drugs, with a kid and a husband, and an autoimmune disease - what's a woman to do!!!! we all have our 'stuff'.... good to hear from you
crystal
post replypost new topic