next >  post replypost new topic
Methadone Program While Pregnant
JACKIE

Posted: March 13, 2004, 3:34 PM
I'VE GOT ON THE METHADONE PROGRAM IN SEPTEMBER AND THEN IN OCTOBER I FOUND OUT THAT BIRTH CONTROL PILLS DON'T WORK AND I WAS PREGNANT.I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I EITHER HAD TO GET AN ABORTION WHICH WASN'T EVEN AN OPTION I WOULD NEVER DO THAT OR I COULD CHOOSE TO STOP THE METHADONE AND THERE WAS A BIG RISK OF MISCARRIAGE OR STAY ON THE METHADONE AND HAVE MY BABY SO I CHOSE THAT.NOW I'M 31 WEEKS PREGNANT AND IT'S ALMOST TIME AND I KNOW THE BABY'S GOING TO WITHDRAW WHEN HE'S BORN AND HE MIGHT HAVE TO STAY IN THE HOSPITAL BUT I WAS TRYING TO SEE IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO'S BEEN IN THIS SITUATION BEFORE THAT CAN GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ANY INFORMATION I WOULD APPRECIATE.I FEEL SO BAD BECAUSE MY BABY DIDN'T CHOSE TO GO THROUGH THIS BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO LOSE HIM.PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION PLEASE GET BACK TO ME.
JACKIE

Posted: March 13, 2004, 5:16 PM
JACKIE YES YOUR BABY WILL BE FINE AS LONG AS YOU TELL YOUR OB-GYN, AND THE NURSES AT THE HOPITAL,, THESE DAYS THEY CAN SAFTLEY WITHDRAWL THE BABY IN THE UNIT, HE OR SHE MIGHT HAVE TO STAY A FEW DAYS LONGER AFTER BIRTH BUT IT SHOULD GO OK,, JUST BE SURE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW,, GOOD LUCK, CRYSTAL

Posted: March 13, 2004, 6:16 PM
They baby will be fine i had twins! on 80mgs of methadone my whole pregency and they are and were perfrect!!! warning getting off of methadone is pure hell, i quit cold turkey and went thru withdraw for weeks!! im here for you should you have any questions. my name is mitzy
Guest_Best Wishes

Posted: March 13, 2004, 6:17 PM
Where's Mitzy,
She was on Methadone during her pregnancy, I would definately consult w/OB/GYN, but Mitzy can tell you her story......... you can post her if you want to. Good luck and I respect your honesty........ Children are the most precious things we have.......... it sounds like you know that.... My thoughts are with you. Take care, Best Wishes
painPill

Posted: March 13, 2004, 6:38 PM
Why is it that you would make your newborn baby go through Methadone detox yet you won't subject yourself to the same pain and agony?

Posted: March 13, 2004, 6:43 PM
PAIN PILL, YOUR BACK, WHO ARE YOU TALIKING TO ABOUTH THE METHADONE SUBJECT ??? AND IF YOUR TALKING TO THE GIRL WHO IS PREGNENT SHE'S GOING THRU ENOUGH GUILT DONT ADD TO IT, I JUST FEEL FOR HER.
painPill

Posted: March 13, 2004, 9:01 PM
If the shoe fits, Wear It!

Posted: March 13, 2004, 9:06 PM
DONT START!!!!!

Posted: March 13, 2004, 9:06 PM
pain pill,
and to what hell did your addiction sink you into?
ladybug

--------------------
Someone's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.
- Les Brown

Posted: March 13, 2004, 9:34 PM
hey everyone who wanted to know my 15 year old brother installed instant message so know i have it and i need to lear how it works?lolo someone please help..
Alone

Posted: March 13, 2004, 11:42 PM
I think they are all a bunch of lunatics if they agree on making a baby go though detox so she doesn't have to. My god what kind of wold is this, doing that to an innocent child. ANYONE who would do that does not deserve children. Mitzy she needs some guilt so she will snap back to reality to see what the hell she is doing and you can not tell me it has no term effects on the baby, methadone. How horrendous. I

Posted: March 13, 2004, 11:47 PM
Alone,eh?Geez,i wonder why?come on.whats been done is done,lets try to help from here on.we all have opinions but were not all helpful.there will be proffesionals involved.it's not the first time by far

--------------------
live each day like your last.....someday you' will be right

Posted: March 13, 2004, 11:51 PM
WHAT? i feel guilty everyday how could you say such a mean thing to someone, your not a doctor who are you to judge anyone, im done w/this subject MYOB take that advise please...

Posted: March 13, 2004, 11:56 PM
Alone,
i just don't think it's our place to judge.She came here for help not to be judged by you me or anyone else.I have very strong opinions on this subject myself but i want to help her.Has anyone ever helped you out?And i ask you the same question i asked pill....to what hell has your addiction sunk you to?
it's too late she's addicted and ONLY her OBGYN should be giving her advice medically.
that was my point.
ladybug

--------------------
- Les Brown

Posted: March 14, 2004, 12:41 AM
Dear Jackie,

When I was a foster mom the third baby that was placed with me was a methadone baby. Her birth mom had been on heroin for years, but managed to stay on methadone just for her baby. I have seen 2 medical studies showing results that are sure to interest you. IQ's in methadone babies tend to be higher than expected and higher than average. Is that a blessing, or what? My foster daughter's birth mom had AIDS and was never able to take care of her baby girl. Her name is Story, she has been with me since birth and is adopted now, and she is one precocious, very bright, loving and gregarious child. Just as an aside, at age 9 her vocabulary tested post-high school. Soooo, thanks to your having taken the steps you've taken for yourself, you have also helped your baby in a big way. Story was released from the hospital when she was 2 days old and was just fine when they brought her to us, so withdrawal must be minimal. She was a full term baby and did not have to take any meds at home. By the way, she also does not have ADHD (Drs thought she might), although she is a little hyper-reactive to stimulus (exaggerated startle reflex). Good luck to you and much joy with your little one

--------------------
Shalom, Janey

Posted: March 14, 2004, 1:51 AM
Dear Jackie, that is so good to know because i was on methadone while i was pregent with my twins and they were born 5 weeks premature it was ok they were pefect i had really high blood pressure and was in the hospitial for a week before they decided to give me a C-section i had a c-section w/my first also so i knew it would most likly happen again. i still to this day feel the guilt of that but i was told that i was great while i was carying my twins so thank you, you helped me to without even knowing it,thanks sooo much!!{hug}}}}}}}}}} from me to you. thanks for being there for me, i am turning in for the night i am going to church tommrow for the first time in a long time:0) talk to you tommrow, good nite and god bless you all..

This post has been edited by Mitzy. on March 14, 2004, 11:33 AM

Posted: March 14, 2004, 3:09 PM
yet no one wants to answer my question?
signed,
still waiting

--------------------
- Les Brown

Posted: March 14, 2004, 4:04 PM
the question to painpill,ladybug?Or was there one that i missed?
kenny

--------------------
live each day like your last.....someday you' will be right

Posted: March 14, 2004, 4:11 PM
yes kenny to pain pill and alone.
love,
ladybug

--------------------
- Les Brown
JACKIE

Posted: March 16, 2004, 12:33 AM
FIRST OF ALL TO PAIN PILL AND ALONE WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME IF I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT MY BABY I WOULD HAVE RELAPSED AND WENT BACK TO THE OXYS ALL THE TIMES I HAVE BEEN TEMPTED TO BUT I DIDN'T BECAUSE I KNEW THAT WAS WORSE ON MY BABY THEN THE METHADONE WAS AND I KNOW THAT BECAUSE I TALK TO MY DOCTORS AND I HAVE EDUCATED MYSELF ABOUT WHAT MY BABY'S GOING TO GO THROUGH UNLIKE YOU TWO YOU GUYS DON'T SOUND EDUCATED ABOUT THE SITUATION AT ALL.IT SOUNDS LIKE ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS PUT SOME ONE DOWN MAYBE THAT'S TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER.AND I WOULD HAVE WENT THROUGH THE PAIN IF IT WASN'T FOR THE BIG CHANCE OF ME HAVING A MISCARRIAGE.IF YOU KNEW SO MUCH YOU WOULD KNOW DOCTORS TELL YOU NOT TO GET OFF OF THE METHADONE PROGRAM AND NOT TO GO DOWN ON YOUR DOSE BECAUSE THE BABY WILL BE PUT INTO STRESS AND YOU THERE'S A CHANCE YOU COULD MISCARRY AND THAT WAS A CHANCE I WASN'T WILLING TO TAKE.BUT TO EVERYONE ELSE THANK YOU FOR NOT JUDGING ME AND FOR BEING THERE FOR ME.
post replypost new topic