post replypost new topic
Stuggling Recovrey

Posted: March 2, 2005, 3:58 AM
i have been clean since nov .then had a relapse of a few days ago taking the pills again .2 weeks ago. i know we are all different but can anyone tell me when this black cloud is going to lift. the aggitation is driving me crazy and all i want to do is just make it go away for a few minutes .but i know i'm only one pill away from starting agaain. anyone have any tips or just best wishes would be good right now . love dede

Posted: March 2, 2005, 5:34 AM
Hi dede what can i say hun except stopping is always the easy bit its the staying off that is hardest, what do you have in place i.e counselling, etc? if you dont have maybe you could consider it go to a group of like minded people keep searching untill you find a way to lift that cloud. Maybe keep busy with life, sometimes we dwell on things and make thembigger problems then perhaps they are. best wishes hun jackie xxxxxxxx

--------------------
If at first you dont sucseed try try and try again

Posted: March 2, 2005, 6:20 AM
Hey Dede,
Jaxs is rite, what kinda action plan do you have to stay clean? have you thought about going to a meeting or seeing a counsillor, something to help you deal with livng day to day clean.
I wish you all the luck in the world
love
Gabbi

--------------------

Today I am a new person and forgive ALL faults and transgressions of yesterdays life
user posted imageuser posted image

Posted: March 2, 2005, 6:59 AM
I think I know that feeling dede: restless, angry, lonely and tired. You hear it a lot in meetings, especially during that first year. Are you going, or have you considered going, to 12-step meetings (AA/NA)? Those feelings can be tough, but you're not alone. What is your support system like right now?

Oh, and if I understood your post, good for you for not giving up....and for putting the pills down again after your slip. It can be especially hard when you have a bit of a set back. That shows real determination and character. Hang in, M.

Posted: March 2, 2005, 1:47 PM
thanks for all your lovely words ,sometimes you think why me i must be a bad person .but i'm beginning to realise you have to have a special personality to hang in there and thanks again .it's nice to know you are all thinking of me cos i'm thinking of you . love dede

Posted: March 2, 2005, 1:50 PM
dede,

Maybe you should talk to a councellor, maybe get to the root of why you have this black cloud over you, could be the reason you are /were using drugs.

Best Regards,
Tom

Posted: March 2, 2005, 2:27 PM
I second what everyone else is saying..... It is so hard to do this alone. Going to therapy or meetings or even posting on here helps because it gives you that support that you need to STAY clean, not just get clean.

I don't go to AA (have been a few times in the past), but I'm thinking of giving it another try. I DO go to therapy and sometimes I think "this isn't working", but most of the time it really helps..... None4me always says "you're only as sick as your secrets" and that's true. One of the best things for depression and lifting that black cloud is to have someone to talk to, for someone to listen.....

You may also think about getting on an antidepressant for a few months, until you get things evened out again. I got put on Zoloft and Wellbutrin the week that I quit hydrocodone and it really worked in easing the depression that comes with withdrawals. I just got off the Zoloft (was on it for a month), but am going to stay on the Wellbutrin for a little while longer.

I hope you're feeling a little bit better....
Danielle
post replypost new topic