post replypost new topic
Tinnitus From Xanax Use
Will

Posted: April 8, 2016, 10:48 AM
Hello. I have been doing Xanax and other benzos for about 8 years on and off. I have gone cold turkey more times than I can count. It was complete hell. But this last time I went cold turkey I began to get a ringing in my ear shortly after. I had no idea where or what was causing it. I also had these sensations in my head that I cannot explain into words. Not good sensations. Finally after 2 months of no benzos whatsoever, I took a Xanax and ALL of the syptoms went away! I knew forsure it was the Xanax that caused it. Now I take it to alleviate the symptoms. Im ready to be done completely with benzos forever. I too would like to know if this will go away, or am I stuck forever. Is there light at the end of the tunnel. I cant live my life like this. Im very scared. Thank you in advance.

Posted: April 10, 2016, 6:12 AM
I highly doubt it will be permanent. It may last awhile, go away and then come back. Everyone seems to experience something someone else may not get. I personally haven't had this although I have never gone c/t off any benzos. I am on one week tomorrow of lowering my klonopin dose. I haven't lowered in almost a year. I lowered same dose each time and experienced some of the same symptoms, got some new ones but not some of the ones I experienced before. I think kind of strange. My boyfriend did get what you have, though he was detoxing off multiple drugs so kind of hard to pinpoint which caused it. It lasted awhile for him but DID go away. try not to panic/worry...
post replypost new topic