post replypost new topic
I Am Constantly Replacing One Vice With Another

Posted: January 22, 2015, 12:45 PM
I do not understand myself. I was heavy on pain pills decided to take suboxone, granted I have slipped up a couple times but considering where I was with pain pills a month ago I am doing great. Now xanax and adderall are all I try and get my hands on. I do not know how to control the overwhelming urge to just say "Your an adult and this is enough" I always have to have something. If anyone can relate or even just give me any words of wisdom I would be very grateful. I'm tired of this life, Its lonely and pathetic to not have more control over myself and I am just at the point I need to communicate with someone who gets what I am fighting.....

Posted: January 22, 2015, 3:49 PM

It sounds like Step1 of Narcotics Anonymous.....
http://12step.org/references/12-ste...ep-versions/na/

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: February 25, 2015, 8:56 PM
Dear Slim,You are replacing or exchanging one for the other...have you ever been checked for a chemical imbalance depression or other mental or chemical issues within your body? My son thankfully has found a doctor who prescribed him some medication and although we take each day at a time lately he is doing quite well and his whole attitude has been changed...I wish they had tested him and diagnosed him sooner...for the first time in 10 years I have a sense of hope..
lintek

Posted: April 29, 2015, 8:45 AM
I just read somewhere recently that addiction is considered and now put into the medical journals a true "mental illness". it's not a measure of how weak a person is or how it measures up to them having morals or not or them being a bad person. It is an illness, just like having diabetes and needs to be treated like illness's are treated. With medications, or a holistic approach and with a good diet and some good soul searching. I found that to be true with myself. All along I was self medicating to control my illness that I never knew I had ( you know the term "crazy people don't know they're crazy") and until I went on a long journey,(YEARS) of weekly private sessions of therapy and monthly visits with my psychiatrist and got on medications to control my illness did I get better. Addiction is not selective. it can strike anyone and not just teens but adults too. I just read someone's post and they mentioned because they are young that they have an addiction. I've seen addiction strike people of all ages. I personally think that addiction is a spiritual disease too as well as an illness. We all as human beings question our existance at one point in life and some go through an entire life time of feeling so empty inside or lonely and having never felt loved enough or felt as if they ever fit in. I think the addict tries to replace the lack of meaning of life with the euphoria of drugs in place of a spiritual happiness. when one finds their meaning of existance you feel so much more stable in life. you find true joy and true happiness and not just momentarily like drugs do. You don't feel like you're waiting for something good to happen in your life so that your life will be complete, or by having a brand new car or a million dollar house is going to make you any happier or that we waste time in meaningless jobs that you can't wait for the hours to pass just so you can get home. That to me is not a good quality of life. to wish your day was over. To me having gone through it all myself, it takes time, patience, love and forgiveness and to learn about ourselves as an addict and what makes us want to drug in the first place. but not till one is truly ready to take that journey and end the chaotic life of an addicted life style which to me is a much harder life to live. To lose multiple jobs, their families, shelter, food, to be a slave to have to have the drug on a daily basis in order to not go through the withdrawals. how can people judge them as being bad people? Addicts don't say when they're little, "Ghee! I want to be a drug addict one day"! they're hurting people. An addict has a MUCH harder life to live, a chaotic dramatic one! compared to a non addict. I would much rather choose a life of being clean and not have to go through all that madness again. They need to find their way back to enjoy life once again as we're meant to live life. in the present moment. because life is a gift, a present. each moment of each day.

Posted: July 16, 2015, 3:34 AM
First off, I struggle with the same issue, I looked at your profile and it says you're a female. I'm a 31 year old male, engaged, but prescription drugs have been a problem for years, one after another, same as you, not exactly the same but very similar. I am getting help right now which I'd also like to discuss with you. I'd like to tell you my story and see how it relates to yours. I feel like communicating about this can only be beneficial but I don't want to get into my personal views on a public forum. This is the first time I've ever visited this site and your post immediately jumped out at me. Please just let me know if you're interested in discussing this. I'm very
diddo

Posted: July 18, 2015, 12:55 AM
I have used for years first alcohol then Norco oxys then crack there will be times where you will feel withdraws from any you have done they will be strong and difficult but they don't last forever they will pass . I have been clean for 4 years it wont be easy but you can do it. For me prayer helped . I am not religious but I got some comfort from it.
post replypost new topic