post replypost new topic
Wellbutrin Sr Trouble!!!! Help!!

Posted: July 30, 2013, 11:58 PM
Hello-

I quit abusing opiates and benzos almost about 10 months ago..and within that time frame I gained 35 lbs. I finally decided to go see my pcp and talk to him about it, and he prescribed me Wellbutrin SR x2, 150mg. He said that it will help curb my appetite since I am emotionally eating.
I started off taking only 150 mg in the morning for the first week. Then he increased it to 300mg. 150mg in the am, 150mg in the pm... Since I started the 300 mg, I started to having lots of panic attacks.. I all of a sudden had a fear of heights, I work out in the gym everyday and I haven't been able to go back for a while because the treadmills are upstairs and I felt like I was going to faint one day because I looked down and got scared( and I am someone who LOVES rollercoasters and flying and helicopter rides.).. I found myself having trouble catching my breath throughout the day.. and it made me very irritable, shakey and anxious.I felt very spacey.. like I would listen, but I wouldn't really listen. I thought that I would stick it out for a few more weeks, to get to the 6 week mark to see how I feel, but I just couldn't handle it anymore.
I called my doctor and he said that what I am experiencing is rare... he doesn't rule it out as a side effect..but he also said that it will pass. I told him that I wasn't comfortable with taking the 300 mg anymore.. he told me that I can go back to 150 and see how it works out.It's my first day back to the 150mg and most of the anxiety and panic has subsided.
Has anyone else experienced this?? PLEASE write back and let me know.

Posted: August 12, 2013, 7:28 PM
Dear Sir- I was prescribed Wellbutrin about 6 months ago for depression. Suffered similar symptoms to yours.Also I became prone to suicidal urges which I had never had before. Started to taper off but when I still got some urges(like stepping out in front of a bus) just quit cold turkey. Then the Doctor wanted to try another. Well a friend of mine went through 5 types over 9 months and not one worked. I do not care to be a guinea pig so will take my 15 anti- anxiety pills a month which some people in the recovery world do not think are OK but that too bad - works for me. Antidepressants do work wonders for some people guess I am not one of them. Good Luck
post replypost new topic