post replypost new topic
Help

Posted: April 21, 2013, 7:31 PM
Hi my name is Lisa and I am wondering if people on this message board could help me. I am putting together letters and stories from addicts and from loved ones about addiction. If anyone would like to share your story or letter with me I would appreciate it. I am looking for truth. Real stories of the hell of addiction. Also stories of recovery.
I am no stranger to addiction, I have many loved ones who are dependent on substances. I am also a nurse that works with the addicted and mental health population. I appreciate any time you take to write to me and I will respond to every email. Also please feel free to email me with any questions you may have.
transplantingbrains@gmail.com

Posted: April 25, 2013, 7:05 PM
Dear Lisa,

I do apologise but I find your approach for “information” a little offensive.

I am not sure how my fellow addicts feel on the matter, but I think your request(s) - however well-intended - would be better received by contacting groups and organisations with formal letter(s) in the first instance, and then awaiting personal invitation through the appropriate, professional channels should the entire group/class or meeting have the prior knowledge of your intentions and have had the time to agree/disagree on consent for you to “use” any information they wish to share.

I do not wish to offend you or your (I hope), genuine, potential research, but (recent events considered), I am feeling particularly raw at this current time. I also believe there are legal ramifications for misuse of personal information too.

Good luck,

Yours sincerely,
HL.

--------------------

Hidden Light
Allison

Posted: April 26, 2013, 4:35 AM
All users:
Please beware of any person(s) soliciting personal information from us for personal gain for them. This person said on the message board for families/partners of addicts she was using the information for a "blog or something so that others may read it and find hope or just realize they are not alone. Writing these letters or stories can be therapeutic but my hope is to have others read them and find something within themselves. " That is what this message board is for.
Miss understood

Posted: April 28, 2013, 5:48 AM
Can an ex-iv user ever get relief and a script for neuropathy and fibromyalgia that will allow him to go back to simple activities without hurting?

Posted: July 10, 2013, 3:55 PM
Hiya Lisa,

I'm not trying to be mean to you but I do not think going on an addiction forum, where people are trying to get better in a safe environment, is very ethical. Maybe you are who you say you are but how can these addicts be sure of this? I don't know what country you are in but as another poster states there are rules you must go through to obtain this information that is safe n protects both yourself n the person that you are interviewing / obtaining info from.

I wish you all the best n sorry I couldn't be of further help to you,
Evey x

--------------------
eveleivibe@btinternet.com

Ignorance may be bliss but knowledge is power!
post replypost new topic