post replypost new topic
Xanax & Suboxone Question
penny

Posted: December 28, 2012, 4:57 AM
I am a concerned mom here. My daughter is 25 years old and is 7 month celan from opiat addiction. She is seeing a psyciatrist who is in charge of her suboxone. Well she saw him today and told him she was having issues with anxiety so her prescribed her 0.5mg xanax.

I am concerned with this and am not sure this is something she should be taking. She is doing so well and i just don't want her to have any setbacks that could be avoided. I just don't know why he would give this to her

I just think there could be another med out there for her to take that isn't addicing, because it makes no sens to put someone on an enxiety med for really short term, and certainly not someone who just went through detox 7 months ago. We don'twant to have to do that again.

any suggestions?

Posted: November 7, 2013, 5:41 PM
Penny,

I found this website by accident and posted my first message named (my daughter is addicted to pain medicine). I've been reading a lot of the messages and can relate to a lot of them. My daughter is in the State of Denial and refuses to believe she's has a problem. She is on percocet's, flexural, and xanax and they are all additive drugs. I didn't notice my daughther's behavior until she started taking the xanax and that's when I knew she had a problem. Xanax is in the family of Valium , if not taken correctly could be very addictive. Those kind of durgs should be taken on short term use only. my daughter was in a Pain management program and was suppose to take the drugs as needed, but they made her feel good so she started taking them just for the buss. She started taking more and more plus added the xanax on top of it. I couldn't believe our Dr. gave her that, but she's a very convensive. Maybe taking Xanax alone and only on a short term might be OK, but if she's had a history of drug abuse-she should be careful. I did my own research on pain medicine and I was surprised to see all the information out there. I pray she will do what's right for her. Hope this was helpful.
post replypost new topic