post replypost new topic
Phentermine Withdrawal
laura81881

Posted: December 16, 2012, 4:46 AM
Hi Im new to the site but familiar with addiction...i have been clean fpr 2 years now and done pretty well until 8 days ago when my doctor gave me a script of phentermine for weight loss...I have already taken way more then perscribed and i know exactly where this is heading....I just flushed the remainder of the pills..but Im afraid i will have some withdrawel symptoms...kinda like I get the brain fog feeling when they wear off...are there any vitamens or anything that will help...I know its only been 8 days but I feel strung out...Ive lost 13 lbs...any advice please
NG2786

Posted: July 9, 2013, 1:48 AM
My advice is to stop as soon as you can. It's good that you already flushed the pills. My experience with phentremine was as soon as I stopped I wanted more...as soon as that feeling went away after the first couple of days, I was fine. It's not the same withdrawls as benzos and opiates were to me.
My next advice is to tell your doctor that you are an addict. Even if you have not gone to rehab, or been in a treatment program. Its so important for your healthcare provider to know and understand the nature of your addiction. I am an opiate and benzo addict and my doctor knows not to prescribe me any addictive medication. Phentremine is HIGHLY addictive. It's just not worth it. Life is so much greater when you are on the sober track. I hope this helps.
post replypost new topic