post replypost new topic
Xanex Withdrawal

Posted: March 30, 2012, 11:49 PM
I've been taking xanex since 2005 prescribed by a psychiatrist for anxiety and have long been wanting to get the "benzo monkey" off my back. The doctor prescribed 2 mg tablets 4 times per day. I generally cut them in half but was taking a minimum of 6 mg per day. I saw my doctor Wednesday and asked him to wean me off. He prescribed valium in a tapering dose that will end in 8 weeks. I haven't had any xanex for over 48 hours and feel horrible. I had no idea it would be this hard. I tried driving to the store today and the experience of driving was so strange. I felt like I was in a bad dream. I made it to Wal-Mart and had a total melt down in the store. My husband doesn't have a clue what I'm going through and is gone all day at work. I am going through this alone and have no one to talk to. Since stopping xanex I find I'm having to take the days hour by hour. I feel like I can't breathe or swallow and am fighting freaking out all day. Anyone out there understand what I'm going through?

Posted: March 31, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hi There...
Oh yes..I can relate. I don't know how to advise you as I am not an MD, and benzos are tough and dangerous to come off of. I was on them for years, 15years on and off..I took them to feel "normal", so when I stopped I felt Ab-Normal..they were a big part of defining my existence, and day to day activites were difficult, if not impossible. You and the driving made me recall when that happened to me..I remember being at a stoplight( on my way to walmart) and seeing my life as a full blown movie through my mind.not good....I was disoriented, panicked, and confused. I chose not to drive after that ( for awhile) due to a seizure risk that is associated with benzo-w/d's..
Someone elase here may have better advice, I just wanted to tell you that I can relate- big time. It's scary to do this, I know, but, I can tell you that the brain spasming and mental,physical w-d's stopped for me after a time.Everyone is different though.. I was on a large enough dose that I horrified the NP at my detox..tough to swallow for me..at Detox they have heard it all and I was lucky have made it. Benzos are no joke, for certain..
I didn't share with anyone at first, either. I felt as if I kept it a "secret" I could tough it out. Thru counseling and NA-AA that I still wanted to take them, and hiding my abuse and use would allow for me to take them again, once I eliminated them for a time. I didn't want to lose my best friend, nor did I want to introduce anyone to it, for they would keep me from them forever, and I didn't want the power taken from me. I was as sick as my secret. I couldn't go thru it alone, once I decide to lose my friend (benzos, pills) I was afraid of the future. I can say I felt a whole lot better that my "secret friend" was out and talked about..I learned that most people I love knew I had issues, I was the only one who thought I was OK.. It may help if you share it with your husband, his reaction may surprise you. For safety and well-being in my own life, I told those close to me that I could trust..
A doctors supervision is important, glad you have that MD support.. Hope you feel better..take good care of yourself..
~ Lucky125~

This post has been edited by lucky125 on March 31, 2012, 10:37 AM

--------------------

Who judges the judges?
~ Lucky ~

Posted: April 21, 2012, 1:44 AM

Very, very good advice shared here. Thanks for this.

newegg promo code vision direct coupons

Ellery

Posted: November 8, 2013, 6:57 AM
The first thing you have to do is discuss this matter with your husband and find a solution. After reading what you wrote I am not feeling you are getting a good treatment. I am a psychiatric student and there should counseling with the medicines should given.

Thanks
Ellery

Posted: December 18, 2013, 6:22 AM
I just wanted to reiterate you are at huge risk of seizing....i was in that out of body type experience and seized badly fourth or fifth day...luckily my busband was home...follow the doctors taper and you will eliminate alot of risk...best of luck truly
post replypost new topic