post replypost new topic
Need To Stop This Insanity

Posted: February 4, 2012, 12:04 AM
I have been taking prescribed xanax and hydrocodone 10mg 1mg xanax 3x a day . I am so addicted and have been for 7 years now. I take way more than i am supposed to and they do nothing for me anymore i feel i could be immune is that possible, and how much is too much? Then i am out and I suffer phisically mentally cant work hateful to family cant get any motivation to get up it hurts. So its on two weeks off two, why cant I just stop the cycle I hate it but I continue and no one really knows whats wrong..

Posted: February 15, 2012, 4:00 PM
hi i am also in kind of a similar situation. well almost everyone on here is. i know its scary i am scared too. just hang in there keep trying and keep reaching out if you want to chat let me know

Posted: February 16, 2012, 7:57 AM
Do not stop xanax without a doctor's help. If you are seriously tired of the circle and want to stop tell your doctor you need help to stop. Benzo withdrawal can cause seizures and death. Many people here have successfully detoxed from benzos. It can be done even if it feels like you will never be able to live without them. The anxiety and insomnia passes. You just have to be willing. Good luck and let us know how it's going. We're here for support.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: October 21, 2012, 3:40 AM
I tapered down my xanax over the course of a few days (was going through some serious feelings of stupidity/had a goldfish memory for quite a while) then stayed clean of it for about a week. Tried another a few days ago, and really just don't see the appeal of them. Slows my mind down, makes me forgetful, etc. Don't know what it is, but I find myself obsessing over the negative aspects of drugs instead of the "relief" that they bring my - I think it's a matter of your state of mind; are the drugs really "solving" the anxiety and despair that you feel, or are they simply causing the withdrawal that illicit those symptoms? If you can reduce it down, and stay clean for long enough (regardless of the mental/physical turmoil you will inevitably experience), eventually you'll start feeling more "yourself" again. Just remember that the drugs don't solve the issues, they cause them. Popping another will temporarily relieve the symptoms, but they are only curing the symptoms - yet they are also the cause.

Posted: November 20, 2012, 8:22 AM
Benzo withdrawal is scary, but, like 12stepper said, it can be done. I was supposed to go to a detox to get off Klonopin, but the detox wouldn't take me because they said it would be "too complicated of a detox," so I was sent to a very acute psych unit instead. I had stopped taking Klonopin before, so I thought the detox wouldn't be bad, but it was actually pretty horrible. It was totally worth it, though. Get through the physical piece of it with professional, medical assistance because benzos are one of the only drugs that has a withdrawal that can cause death (the other is alcohol), but the rest of it is mental. I admittedly was not nearly as psychologically addicted to Klonopin as I have been to other drugs, so it's easy for me to say "Just say no," but we all know that it's much more difficult than it sounds.

I think one thing that has helped me is looking at the pros and cons of using benzos. There were obviously reasons why I used them, but the Klonopin wasn't even helping with my anxiety in the last 12-18 months, so it was mostly habit. Then I look at the problems it caused, and try to remind myself that it didn't pay off in the long-run, and it rarely paid off even in the short-run. It's also helped to remember that one pill can be your downfall. Two weeks off? That's great! Build on that momentum, run with it. It might feel horrible, but if you take one Xanax or one Vicodin, then you're back with no time under your belt and you start from square one.

EDIT: I had to go to detox twice in the span of one month, and the second time, I was probably more ashamed of myself than I have ever been before. One of my friends sent me a text in response to some whine-y thing I had said that read: "Cut it out... We all f up sometimes. It's what we do after that counts."
People slips sometimes, and I know just as well as the next guy that it's easy to get down on yourself and lose hope that you can fight any more, but when you fall, just get back up. That's what counts.

This post has been edited by onlybloodleft on November 20, 2012, 8:25 AM

--------------------
“Until an hour before the Devil fell, God thought him beautiful in Heaven.”-Arthur Miller
post replypost new topic