post replypost new topic
Antidepresents Use With Marijuana
mary ann

Posted: January 26, 2012, 11:11 PM
I wonder about the use of anti-depresents and marijuana together. Does marijuana counteract the anti-depresent so that it doesn't work well together? Do the two together bring you down into a depression state ???

Posted: February 3, 2012, 10:54 AM
yes in answer to your question....i have been doing both for years and it makes depression far worse

goodluck

--------------------
just for today

Posted: October 21, 2012, 3:34 AM
I had a strange experience with prozac (or some other SSRI) where I felt so intensely euphoric and high that I had no desire to smoke weed; in the event I did smoke, however, I just felt a small "lift" or buzz, but little beyond that. After the initial euphoria of the SSRI wore off, I just felt "zombified" and disconnected from reality, and smoking weed during that state just didn't help or worsen the feeling. I realize my case is probably quite divergent from most others - but as a rule of thumb, it would seem that anti-depressants do not mix well with weed.

Posted: May 10, 2013, 11:58 AM
My daughter is on anti depressants. And she smokes synthetic weed on a daily basis! I have really noticed her falling into a deeper....darker state of depression!! The anti depression meds do not, in any way, seem to be helping her lift out of her depression. She is sinking into a dark hole that I honestly don't know how to pull her out of! So in my opinion, weed.....synthetic or not....does effect the way anti depression meds work!

Posted: September 11, 2013, 10:34 AM
hi scared mom!!
i've been in the same place as your daughter.. and i can assure you its that synthetic weed ..that makes all the depression worse ...i had a really hard time to stop smoking that weird weed ..so my advise to you is ..stop your daughter right now or she will suffer permanent brain damage .I stopped about 2 months ago and i still struggle with the depression it caused .try and read the synthetic weed thread for more information on this poison. Good luck and Quick Recovery :)

Posted: October 15, 2013, 2:41 AM
I've heard that mixing drugs such as marijuana with your antidepressants can actually make your antidepressants less effective. And yes, there might be some other health risks as well. I would think it's best to ask a professional about this though!

--------------------
Drug Rehab Treatment
post replypost new topic