post replypost new topic
Antidepressant Side Effects And Detox

Posted: December 10, 2010, 3:41 AM
Hello peeps. Does anyone know about the antidepressant Prozac and it having bad side effects like alcohol cravings?

kazz from ozz

Posted: December 12, 2010, 12:57 PM
Because Prozac has a very long half-life, extreme withdrawal symptoms are unlikely with it. There is a built in "tapering off" by virtue of the fact that it leaves your body so slowly.

I really never heard of anyone withdrawling form prozac. There are many different anti depressants that can cause withdrawl tho. Such as Effexor, may cause withdrawal symptoms even if you are slightly late with a scheduled dose.

I guess like everything there can be side effects. Anti depressants increase serotonin in your brain. Your brain is like a car, you need to keep gas in it to be able to drive, without gas your car won't run. Well without serotonin your brain won't run right. The anti depressants are like gas staions, they provided the "fuel "your brain needs to run right. With out "fuel" your brain and body will notice a difference.

You should never stop taking any anti depressants without talking to your doctor. Tapering off is always wiser than cold turkey, and will minimize any unwanted effects(withdrawl).

Talk to your doctor.

raerae

--------------------
Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim.
- Ann Landers

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Dr. Alexis Carrel.

Posted: December 12, 2010, 5:16 PM
thanks. I am actually taking Pristiq a newer version of the stuff. Interesting reading I found on another forum here too. Ciao and have a terrific day.

Posted: December 17, 2010, 4:56 AM
My brain feels a little strange and has since I have taken no ADs since running down and out in less than a week. I haven't had any for 3 days but I can tell the difference to . well it feels like my soul.

I will be able to live without them and may have died with them.

Thank you all for the information about them, e.g.lineman and others, because I really neede to cut the jolly things out 8 months ago. But maybe I wouldn't be so appreciative yet life would have been much easier for my poor faamily.

luv from kazz from ozz.
post replypost new topic