Xanax And Decongestants
sayno
Posted: July 4, 2007, 11:50 PM

can anyone tell me if taking xanax and taking decongestants, like sudafed, or excerdin sinus and cold pills gives someone that is addicted to xanax any kind of extra -- what ever, I guess a high. I don't know, but it seems that this person can't do without over the counter sinus meds, and does not se.em to have a sinus problem.
Posted: July 5, 2007, 12:01 PM

There are some cold meds that in some areas of the country either have to be signed for and/or kept behind the counter, must be 18 or over to purchase, etc cause they have an ingredient in them that is used to make crystal meth (can't remember the exact name right now) ...... it also gives the cold/sinus med user a speed-like feeling.
Could be that this person is using them with the xanax to add to their high and balance out the groggy effects that some get from xanax.

So bottom line .... yes, I would bet that there IS a problem with this person and the cold / sinus meds.

Posted: July 5, 2007, 8:37 PM

some people get a kick out of pseudoephidrine that is contained ins udafed and other preparations, and as swizzle says its used a base ingredient in manufacturing speed.

There is another chemical DXM (cough supressant) that is a dissociative and very addictive.

--------------------
A Buddhist Lama once said to me, "Do the opposite of whatever I tell you."
So I didn't.

Get Help for Codeine Addiction Here
    top of page  Top