post replypost new topic
Advice Anyone!!
Advice anyone!

Posted: October 13, 2016, 10:33 AM
I'm struggling on quitting Heroin because of the withdrawals I can't stand the cold and heat flashes, the pain all over my body, and not being able to sleep. This is my first time struggling with drug use, I've been using since I was 16 started off smoking I'm now 18 and shooting.. I WANT to quit but can't stand the pain(withdrawals). I need help and will take any advice to help me get sober!!
Thank you.

Posted: October 14, 2016, 1:37 AM
Clean time begins when you stop using...put the rig down..no other way....bottom line..you cant get out of the detox...you can go to the nearest hospital...go to your doc..find a detox or rehab ...cross over to subs or methadone. ..which I don't recommend yet....or do it yourself. .find something for the pain to help with the hurt...shake and bake not much you can do about...sleep...likewise...you pray to the DopeGod...you do the sacrifice....aa and na are free...you can find some help there too...none of us like the rattle. ..detox sucks...no way out but through...only thing you can tell yourself is...is that it will get better...about 3 days to a week and your through...you want to try and stay off for good...suggest na...or aa...it's what comes after the rattle that's the hardest...be safe...

Con

This post has been edited by constantine on October 14, 2016, 1:45 AM
WarriorQueen

Posted: October 14, 2016, 3:41 PM
Number #1 you can get clean if you want to because you are stronger than any drug. Agree fully with Con. Noone likes the rattle it sucks a lot but its worth it. No matter what you'll feel it but maybe a detox center can help by giving you subutext. I don't really suggest suboxone or methadone. Also NA and AA meetings always help.

Posted: October 16, 2016, 7:31 AM
your post was made 3 days ago so I am wondering how do you feel now? Did you menage to go trough withdrawal without help or you got help you needed or..? It was very brave of you to stop without any painkillers . I really hope you are doing better but I would advice you if you are struggling with pain to get help as pain was number 1 factor for me to relapse . Once your physical issue is covered you will be in much more control ... please let us know how are you doing. If you have anyone who can give you daily massage it would help you and taking hot baths would help as well.

This post has been edited by Bonnie5 on October 16, 2016, 9:58 AM

Posted: October 18, 2016, 7:44 PM
AdviceAnyone,

We all completely understand that no one WANTS to go thru withdrawal and its absolutely horrible and it sucks beyond belief- but there is simply no way around it. It's like being stuck in the middle of the ocean and saying that you don't want to swim. It's unfortunate, but peeps that mess with opiates simply have to pay the piper at some point. It's just a reality so you just have to realize that and try to minimize the hurt and make it as bearable as possible. Look at it this way- it's a week (tops) that'll really suck, but once it's over, that's it. You are free.

We are all here to tell you that it IS do-able and it will not kill you. It's uncomfortable and it hurts but more importantly it's temporary. We all know that you CAN do it, it's just a matter of wanting it bad enough. The majority of us here have been thru this (some of us several times over). If you have other questions- feel free to ask, I'm sure that someone here can answer pretty much any & every question.

Sending kind thoughts & wishes your way.
post replypost new topic