post replypost new topic
Suboxone Doesnt Help Anymore
Danielle

Posted: September 29, 2016, 7:06 PM
I need to know if anyone is feeling the same way as me???? I have now been on suboxone going on 8 years i have swore by it. It has helped me sooo much i have absolutely no cravings at all. But...the last 6 months or so it just isnt working anymore. I take it in the morning. I break it up throughout the day. Half when i wake up. ( im down to 8mg now) by about 12pm i need to take more. I take a quarter. Doesnt really help. By 3 i need to take the rest. By this time i feel like im starting to feel like im withdrawing. I start gaging. I have to go the bathroom. Etc...i make it through the night feeling very uncomfortable by 5am i have leg cramps i have to go right to the bathroom. Why is this happening? I was down to 6mg for a year i went back up to 8 6 months ago. This doesnt make any sense please help!!!!!
Guest1

Posted: September 29, 2016, 7:50 PM
Maybe it's got something to do with breaking the doze up into 1/2, 1/4, 1/4. Which I take makes up 8 mg? I would think that taking 1/4 would be similar to taking nothing. I haven't been on this. But let's say if I had a headache and needed something to help it. I took half of a Tylenol, and it only took the edge off instead of taking a whole one that would have put the headache away. So then I top it up with a quarter later. But that just keeps what's already in my body at half strength still as some Tylenol has wore off already. After that starts to wear off the last quarter just tops up the quarter before so you never get to that full 8 mg strength at anytime. Hope my reasoning helps if you can understand what I'm trying to say here. Good luck!

Posted: October 1, 2016, 12:05 AM
I've read that on methadone we can reach a plateau of sorts ...where it won't work anymore or not as well....I don't know if this is what's going on with you though...try raising it if you can first...and talk to your clinic doc. Sub board will know more...

This post has been edited by constantine on October 1, 2016, 12:05 AM
post replypost new topic