post replypost new topic
The Way I Quit..

Posted: August 10, 2016, 9:28 AM
Hey there, so to start off, this is my story. Sorry if this isn't how this site is supposed to work.. anyways... About 18 months ago my now ex GF got me hooked on heroin. I liked drugs and experimenting so I never even bothered to ask what we were doing, cuz really, why would someone do heroin?!?? i live in an upper class canadian city! I didnt think we had it here...
So I lost a great job due to this.. $170,000/year good.. and due to losing it we went on a bender of self destruction and misplaced promises. We both wanted to quit but couldnt.. we fed off each other, making sure the other had it to avoid getting sick of course.
About 6 months ago, things were really bad and i knew we couldnt maintain much longer. I managed to get her onto methadone and when she was finally up to full dose I told her she had to go back home, that I cant fix myaelf and clean upi with her around. So she did. and I went to stay with my parents to detox...

This is the best part...
Everyone one of us knows how awful, painful, terrifying and helpless we feel going through WD. What I took actually made it bearable and I want others to know about it without doing it this way I probly woulndt have quit...

So I just detoxed off my 18 months of steady, heavy useage of heroin using clonodine, gabapenton and xanax.
0.2mg clono and 300mg gaba in the morning both help WD symptoms and gaba also eliminated the aches i would always get every other time I tried to quit. then I would take 2 xanax, and that was my morning. Id end up taking another xanax at night and 0.1mg clono. I did this for 5 days and honestly... i only felt 30% of the hell I've been through before trying to quit. And this time i actually quit.
My theory is, when you have a cold you take medicine to mask the symptoms so you can function while the cold still runs its course in your body. same principle i used to treat my WD. Stay doped up on non opioid pills until my WD symptoms went away. And it worked...I want to scream it to everyone!!! i don think i ever wouldve been able to able quit otherwise....

Posted: August 15, 2016, 12:37 PM
hi there
allthough this may be the wrong part of the forum i was inspired by your story ... beating any addiction isnt easy especially opiods
im down from 30ml of methadone a day to 4ml at the moment and in 8 days i go down to 2ml... i came from 30ml to 4ml myself without any help and the final 4 weeks i seeked help from our local drug service
however im interested in how your using gabapentin for help with withdrawl .. my wife takes these for a amputation so i can take them however im not 100% sure what they do and if they will help me
one thing ive discovered is by drinking "tonic water" it helps with my leg cramps/jerks ..... this is because in the uk they use "quinine" as a flavouring and it works wonders ( well at least for me )
anyway good luck and i wish you well for the future
bri
post replypost new topic