post replypost new topic
Country Addict

Posted: April 26, 2015, 10:49 PM
hi im a grateful recovering addict im 28 ive been trying to get clean off of pot atm i was a heroin addict ive done detix n did a year of rehab 12 step program i work a daily program b have a sponsor and im working step one atm im having troubke with little busts on a wkend thinking im lonely n bored n isolated but i have got my owj home finally n a pet cat n family but dont have a social life n im single n i have a job but apart from work b clraning my house i find i have nothing to do n leads me to smoking pot n usjng ice once in a while i really want to stay clean n learn how to but need some help wuth this oroblem atm

Posted: April 30, 2015, 8:52 AM
Hi linny,
do you have any hobbies you have always wanted to try? I found in my recovery that by doing a hobby or going to your local library can be a big help if you're lonely. If you like cooking you can get out books on cooking different recipes, if you like collecting antiques or go to garage sales and get an old table, it can become a project to work on to keep you busy and it's so rewarding to see the end results. they have tons of books on how to strip the wood and what to finish it with. or just simply reading novels, or books on life, spiritual. I found that spirituality was the missing link in my life and once I began my journey into this, my life opened up. I feel less lonely and enjoy my life much more.
I also took up guitar playing again. I took lessons when I was around 11 yrs old and never went further with it till now. I'm in my 50's and even though I'm finding it very difficult to remember short term things, I am teaching myself to play classical guitar. It is very rewarding. so much to the point where I practice for hours every single day. You can go on line and find tutorials that will teach you. Or, if you like to draw, the computer also has places that teach you how to draw or you can get great books at the library as I stated earlier.
I understand how difficult it can be to be alone and become bored. when you notice the times you become in a weakened state maybe you can call your sponsor? or go for a walk instead. try to change your thoughts. desire is one of our biggest problems if not used in a healthy way. drugging is still a form of trying to escape from being who you are raw. you have to face yourself and to learn to be comfortable with yourself. but that takes time and comes with the aging process too. I wish you the best and hope you are able to find something that will give you joy, not guilt.
post replypost new topic